Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.

Professional Members

We support both claimants and professionals.  These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:

  • Royal College of Nursing
  • Spinal Injuries Association
  • Chesterfield Law Centre
  • Coventry Mind
  • Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
  • Colchester Borough Council Welfare Rights

Read more

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me. Note: ticking this may affect members file download ability.
Members

TOPIC: Pip mobility activities

Pip mobility activities 4 months 6 days ago #164534

Hi newbie here!

DWP Guidelines quote that a person should only be considered able to follow an unfamiliar journey if they are capable of using public transport (buses and trains) Which I cant due to mobility problems.Does this mean that I can score 10 points on planning and following Journeys descriptor 11d any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pip mobility activities 4 months 6 days ago #164549

  • Gordon
  • OFFLINE
  • Forum Moderator
Joany06 wrote:
Hi newbie here!

DWP Guidelines quote that a person should only be considered able to follow an unfamiliar journey if they are capable of using public transport (buses and trains) Which I cant due to mobility problems.Does this mean that I can score 10 points on planning and following Journeys descriptor 11d any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The Going Out activity only considers mental health, cognitive or sensory issues so I think it unlikely that you will score points if the issue preventing you using Public Transport are physical, also, the legal definitions of the descriptors make no reference to the use of Public Transport and we have seen Decision Makers refer to this when they have denied points,

Gordon
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pip mobility activities 4 months 6 days ago #164551

Thank you for clarifying that Gordon I am hoping for points in the moving around descriptor but the 20 metre rule is a worry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pip mobility activities 4 months 6 days ago #164554

  • Gordon
  • OFFLINE
  • Forum Moderator
Joany06 wrote:
Thank you for clarifying that Gordon I am hoping for points in the moving around descriptor but the 20 metre rule is a worry

Unfortunately PIP was designed to be far more difficult to receive than DLA, the whole ethos of PIP is to reduce the disability budget by at least 20%.

Gordon
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pip mobility activities 4 months 6 days ago #164594

Yes Its just beginning to sink in how much harder it is to receive pip compared to dla which I was awarded at high rate six years ago. At that time I had a home assessment and still have the registered medical practitioners examination form which states that my condition is debilitating and progressive. Would it benefit my claim for pip if I included this as supporting evidence along with more up to date evidence ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pip mobility activities 4 months 5 days ago #164615

  • Gordon
  • OFFLINE
  • Forum Moderator
Joany06 wrote:
Yes Its just beginning to sink in how much harder it is to receive pip compared to dla which I was awarded at high rate six years ago. At that time I had a home assessment and still have the registered medical practitioners examination form which states that my condition is debilitating and progressive. Would it benefit my claim for pip if I included this as supporting evidence along with more up to date evidence ?

Providing you can show that it is relevant to your conditions as they are now then you can include it, but you must explain why this is the case.

Gordon
Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: bro58, Gordon, Mrs Hurtyback, shelam
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds