Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.

Professional Members

We support both claimants and professionals.  These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:

  • Royal College of Nursing
  • Spinal Injuries Association
  • Chesterfield Law Centre
  • Coventry Mind
  • Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
  • Colchester Borough Council Welfare Rights

Read more

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me. Note: ticking this may affect members file download ability.

TOPIC: Informing Maximus that Doctor Surgery has merged

Informing Maximus that Doctor Surgery has merged 5 months 2 weeks ago #170331

  • EH
Hi there, I am currently waiting for my ESA to be reviewed. I returned the Questionaire to them exactly 7 months ago 10/3/16 and have yet to hear anything from them. In the meantime my Doctors Surgery has merged with another Surgery and has moved address and changed telephone number. My GP is still the same though. Do I need to write to Maximus and tell them? I did send them lots of medical reports both recent and past with my questionaire. Due to severe anxiety there is no way I could call them and no one that could call them for me, so I would have to write instead. I don't have the mail handling address that I sent my questionaire to, so would sending it to the address that was on the accompanying letter be ok? It is Birmingham Centre for health and disability assessments, Five ways House, Edgebaston, Birmingham B151SL? Or do I have to write to the DWP? When you call the Doctors old number it gives you the new and I'm sure they have mail forwarding, but I don't want to get into trouble for not informing them :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Informing Maximus that Doctor Surgery has merged 5 months 2 weeks ago #170397

  • Gordon
  • Forum Moderator

Although it is likely that your surgery has a forwarding address in place, I would still contact Maximus about the change in address.

You can contact by email or by post, have a look at the following


Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: bro58, Gordon, Mrs Hurtyback, shelam
Time to create page: 1.957 seconds