New PIP claims and reviews guide now available
- Category: Latest news
- Created: Friday, 09 September 2016 00:29
Members can now download an updated version of the Benefits and Work guide to PIP Claims and Reviews and the September 2016 version of the DWP’s guide for PIP assessors.
The latest Benefits and Work guide includes guidance on completing the new shortened PIP Award Review (AR1) form. The review form invites claimants to simply tick boxes to say that there has been no change in their condition and has been the cause of much concern.
Other changes to the latest version of the Benefits and Work guide include:
- Removed warnings about plan to reduce or remove daily living awards that are based solely on using aids and adaptations as this has been dropped
- Removed case law notes as these have now been incorporated into the text without citations – there was a danger of the guide becoming too technical with an increasing number of case references
- Additional information about prompting and about supervision added
- Additional information re managing medication or therapy
- Updated Communicating definition to include people with severe mental health conditions.
- Change to the definition of Going out to include information about anxiety.
- Added additional information to Reliably
- Added information re Help with washing and bathing
There is also a copy of the latest version of the DWP’s guide for PIP assessors available to download from the PIP page in the members’ area.