New DWP online 'benefits adviser'
- Category: Latest news
- Created: Thursday, 01 May 2008 16:36
1 May 2008
The DWP have launched a new ‘online benefits adviser’.
The service signposts visitors to any of 13 benefits to which they might be eligible.
Available on the Directgov website, the adviser asks a series of 12 questions. Based on the answers it then suggests which of the following benefits a visitor may be eligible for and tells them where they can get more information:
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer's Allowance
- Child Benefit
- Child Tax Credit
- Council Tax Benefit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Incapacity Benefit
- Income Support
- Jobseekers Allowance
- Pension Credit
- State Pension
- Working Tax Credit
Whilst the information is very basic, for those new to the benefits system it may well be helpful. Though it should be noted that the adviser doesn’t work for the following groups of people:
- non-UK nationals
- if you are under 18 years old
- if you are in a polygamous marriage (where you have more than one husband/wife at any one time)
- if you live permanently in residential care or a nursing home or hospital
You can try the online adviser for yourself.