We support both claimants and professionals. These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:
- Royal College of Nursing
- Spinal Injuries Association
- Chesterfield Law Centre
- Stephenson’s Solicitors
- Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
- Manchester City Council Sensory Provision Team
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Training
"Exceptionally good trainer and great course content" Sheila Stringer, DIAL NW Kent
"Very useful and I have learned a lot." Laura Skorupa, British Polio Fellowship.
"Overall a really interesting, educative day - facilitator a brilliant communicator" Ryan Lodge, West Leicestershire MIND
"Very helpful and well presented." Karin Gray, Scope.
This one day training course provides a clear understanding of personal independence payment (PIP).
No previous benefits knowledge is required. The training is suitable both for advice workers and for support workers who do not give benefits advice, but who do need a good awareness of the possible effects of the transfer from disability living allowance (DLA) to personal independence payment (PIP) on their clients.
By the end of the day, you will understand:
- the basic qualifying conditions for personal independence payment
- the activities and descriptors (the points system)
- how fluctuating conditions, pain and fatigue are treated
- the assessment process, including regional variations
- how to gather evidence for personal independence payment
- the transfer process from disability living allowance to personal independence payment
- similarities and differences between DLA and PIP
- which of your clients may be winners and losers under PIP
By the end of the training day, you will:
- Be able to explain the transfer process to your clients
- Be aware of which of your clients are most at risk of losing an award.
- Be able to help your clients make effective claims for PIP
Please contact us for more details about in-house personal independence training.