× Members

esa appeal from wrag to support grou

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #101804 by mancsmen
esa appeal from wrag to support grou was created by mancsmen
i am waiting for a date for tribunal hearing as i dont think i should be in wrag group. i have several disabilities, spinal, neck and bowel incontinence. i was awarded over 15 points without having esa medical. is it true that i could lose all entitlement to esa by appealing. i also receive dla low care and high mobility components. where do i stand
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #101812 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa appeal from wrag to support grou
Yes, it is possible that you could lose ESA altogether, although that is very rare

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

However, the tribunal are supposed to warn you and allow you to withdraw your appeal if they think this is likely. Even so, you should be as sure as possible that you meet sufficient of the ESA descriptors for your award to be secure.

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

We have also heard of DLA being reviewed after an unfavourable ESA, but the ESA criteria are more stringent than DLA.

If you have any more questions, please come back and ask them on this thread/topic as it makes it easier to keep all pertinent info in one place. You will find this again easily in the future if you mark it as a 'favourite' now.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #101826 by mancsmen
Replied by mancsmen on topic esa appeal from wrag to support grou
thank you for your reply. i have got a benefit advisor to help me my tribunal, but only contacted them just before easter break and i was not sure where i stood. if i did lose all esa after tribunal, is is possible to appeal that decision. blue
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 11 months ago #101828 by slugsta
It is more commom (although still not usual) to lose DLA after a 'fit for work' decision rather than WRAG. However, in the unlikely event that your DLA was reviewed and withdrawn, that decision would also be appealable.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #102264 by mancsmen
Replied by mancsmen on topic esa appeal from wrag to support grou
i was wondering if you have any idea as how far the tribunals are behind with the hearings. i have not heard anything at all from them. i am a bit worried about this as my esa payment is due to expire soon, and i was wondering, do payments continue to be paid until after the tribunal. the payment is due to go to esa contribution based. i should be ok with that as i have no savings and having been on ib since 1998 my nhs contributions should have been paid for me. but its the tribunal that is worrying me. could anybody enlighten me please
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
10 years 11 months ago #102271 by slugsta
Hi Blue,

In some areas the appeal process is taking upwards of 12 months. Your contributary ESa payments will still stop after 365 days but it sounds as if you will pass the means test for income-related ESA.

Just to pick up on the matter of your NI - you will have been awarded credits while on IB and ESA. This will count towards your pension but would not be enough to qualify you for other contributary benefits.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.