Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1


Pip 8 months 3 weeks ago #174512

Hi I get standard rate for both mobility and personal care my walking has got worse and havery been finished from work on ill heath due to the fact I can hardly walk now with osteoarthritis should I contact pip and tell them thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pip 8 months 3 weeks ago #174545


Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Although your walking has reduced can you show that you meet the criteria for an Enhanced award?

If it is just your walking that you have problems with then you will need to show that you cannot "reliably" stand and then walk more than 20m "on the majority of days".

See the PIP Claim guide for a fuller explanation of these terms.


If you do believe that you can show this then you should contact the DWP that manages your PIP claim (any recent letter about your PIP will have this), and inform them your conditions have deteriorated.

Be aware that this will result in a full reassessment of your claim; a new PIP2 and likely a face to face assessment. You need to treat it is as a new claim and provide details of all your problems rather than just dealing with the change, you will also need to provide evidence of your conditions even if these are documents that you have already supplied.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback