Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.

Professional Members

We support both claimants and professionals.  These are just some of the organisations who have subscribed to Benefits and Work:

  • Royal College of Nursing
  • Spinal Injuries Association
  • Chesterfield Law Centre
  • Coventry Mind
  • Birmingham Citizens Advice Bureau
  • Colchester Borough Council Welfare Rights

Read more

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:

Remember me. Note: ticking this may affect members file download ability.
25 May 2017
The Forum is closed until 8pm Tuesday 30 May
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: my entitlements

my entitlements 7 years 5 months ago #13430

hi all,
I have a question on claiming income support.
I have been awarded higher rate of care recently and have been already on higher rate for mobility since 2007.
I have a son aged 17 in full time education who lives with me. No one claims carers allowance.

Just recently, i have put a claim on income support. I am on following benefits:
DLA care rate Higher
DLA mobilty rate higher since 2007
Incapacity benefit since 2007
Full Housing and concil tax benefits

My income as following:
child maintainance £67 per week(arranged through CSA)
Child benfits £20 per week
I live in a housing association's property

What are my entitlements to claim income support?
Will I be assessed for ESA?
Will I be able to get any disable people premiums?
The lady from the benefits help line said I might be eligible to income support top up. Anyone has an idea to how these benefits are caculated?
many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:my entitlements 7 years 5 months ago #13431


It's impossible for us to give individual advice on what benefits you might be entitled to. As moderators, we can only advise on benefits that are covered in the members area, which are DLA, Carers Allowance and IB or ESA. We cannot give advice on means-tested benefits as we do not deal with these type of benefits.

You need to contact the Benefits Enquiry Line on 0800 882200 who will be able to advise if you are receiving all the benefits that you may be entitled to.

You can also try using the online calculator Entitled To

Sorry, I cannot be more helpful, but on this forum we specialise in incapacity and disability benefits.

Good luck.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:my entitlements 7 years 5 months ago #13436

Your local CAB will be able to carry out a benefits check and see what benefits at what rates you are entitled to.

That's not instead of the options put forward by Pat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:my entitlements 7 years 5 months ago #13474

thanx for the reponse,iv just spokento the local disability allaince and they 'v told me to wait for the out comes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback
Time to create page: 1.370 seconds