Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and DLA Updates

Our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.


The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Waiting for my DLA decision

Waiting for my DLA decision 7 years 2 weeks ago #58668

  • rioruss
Hi again,
I went to tribunal beginning of March and won low rate care, The judge advised me then to notify of change of circumstances straight away as i was obviously alot worse than when applied.
I did this and two weks ago i had a home medical, this seemed to go ok, the doctor was actually a rhumatologist and adviced me to go and get a second opinion on the diagnosis of fibromyalgia .
Anyway i called last week and was told that the report was back and had been passed to the decision maker.
I just called again and was told that the decision maker has now gone back to medical services for more advice !
Is this a regular occurance , does it sound hopeful .
I recieved my Blue badge on Saterday 3 years too .

Re:Waiting for my DLA decision 7 years 2 weeks ago #58863

  • Anne
Hi, I went through the exact same thing. I sent the dla everything from a gp letter and specialist report but they still asked their own medical services. The report from them was wrong all it stated was that becasuse i was only taking a low dose pain killer then I musn,t been in that much pain. The reason for this was that I couldn,t tolerate tramadol or higher dose medication. I am still waiting for an appeal date and I applied back in sept. I went to see the welfare rights who said there was no reason why I couldn,t apply agian as my original application and appeal would still go ahead but beacuse I was now much worse thats what they thought I should do. I haven,t as yet I am insure if this is what I want and would like to know if anyone has done this in the past. Hope this helps.

Re:Waiting for my DLA decision 7 years 2 weeks ago #58867


Same here, I sent everything I had which included up to date reports as follows:

Consultant report, Rhumatologist report, Musculoskeletal report, Physiotherapy report and then they wrote to the Physiotherapy Department to ask more questions, whilst also sending my GP documents to complete detailing my conditions and how they effect me both day and night.

Now, after all that, I am also being sent for an ATOS Medical so I wonder what the ATOS person will say that could possibly trump what has already been said by all the others?

Just thought I would let you know my experience so far.

  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs HurtybackIzzy1010LisaJenny Clarke