Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Either Arm?

Either Arm? 6 years 2 months ago #63796

Given that on the ESA50 form they seem to state "either arm" I assume if I was to state that I have an injury to my right elbow, that ATOS and DWP won't care as they will just say I should do things with my left? Never mind I am right handed so having injury to right side is making life rather difficult at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Either Arm? 6 years 2 months ago #63797

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 30920
smc wrote:

Given that on the ESA50 form they seem to state "either arm" I assume if I was to state that I have an injury to my right elbow, that ATOS and DWP won't care as they will just say I should do things with my left? Never mind I am right handed so having injury to right side is making life rather difficult at the moment.

None of the tests refer to "handedness" and the only test where two arms, not hands, are required is the one related to lifting a bulky carboard box :)

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:Either Arm? 6 years 2 months ago #63799

  • originaldave
Gordon wrote:

smc wrote:

Given that on the ESA50 form they seem to state "either arm" I assume if I was to state that I have an injury to my right elbow, that ATOS and DWP won't care as they will just say I should do things with my left? Never mind I am right handed so having injury to right side is making life rather difficult at the moment.

None of the tests refer to "handedness" and the only test where two arms, not hands, are required is the one related to lifting a bulky carboard box :)

Gordon


you need two hands to use a phone or pick up a coin ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Either Arm? 6 years 2 months ago #63805

What I was meaning is will ATOS/DWP expect you to be able to do things with your other hand if your dominant hand/arm is injured. I don't know about everything else but I am finding many things a struggle as I am not ambidextrous!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Either Arm? 6 years 2 months ago #63806

  • Gordon
  • Away
  • Posts: 30920
smc wrote:

What I was meaning is will ATOS/DWP expect you to be able to do things with your other hand if your dominant hand/arm is injured. I don't know about everything else but I am finding many things a struggle as I am not ambidextrous!!!!

As I said in my previous post there is no reference to handedness.

So for example, in the Picking Up and Moving test, if you can pick up a 1 litre carton of milk with your right OR left hand, you would not score the 9 points for this test.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:Either Arm? 6 years 2 months ago #63809

  • originaldave
Gordon wrote:

smc wrote:

What I was meaning is will ATOS/DWP expect you to be able to do things with your other hand if your dominant hand/arm is injured. I don't know about everything else but I am finding many things a struggle as I am not ambidextrous!!!!

As I said in my previous post there is no reference to handedness.

So for example, in the Picking Up and Moving test, if you can pick up a 1 litre carton of milk with your right OR left hand, you would not score the 9 points for this test.

Gordon



ok I get you :) now this is a serious question what happens say if someone on getting up has no feeling in the hands for the first hour ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback