Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members

TOPIC: "set aside" vs adjournment

Re:GL24 to set aside? 6 years 1 month ago #66484

  • Nervy
Crazydiamond wrote:

Was the appeal allowed or disallowed?

I'm a bit confused by what you mean. Like i said I had a first tier paper tribunal on 9 Aug if that helps.
The topic has been locked.

Re:GL24 to set aside? 6 years 1 month ago #66485

  • pete17971
Nervy wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

Was the appeal allowed or disallowed?

I'm a bit confused by what you mean. Like i said I had a first tier paper tribunal on 9 Aug if that helps.


Hi,

I think CrazyDiamond was trying to establish the 'result' of your first tier tribunal held on 9th August (ie was the relevant benefit awarded at the rate you believe you were entitled to or not)?.

Pete
The topic has been locked.

Re:GL24 to set aside? 6 years 1 month ago #66618

  • Nervy
Here again is what i wrote yesterday...
Nervy wrote:

Yes I have. It was a paper hearing on August 9. The extra evidence i posted (recorded signed for) got to the Tribunal Service the day before the hearing.

A couple of days after the hearing they sent me a brown envelope. I've read through the first 3 pages from inside the brown envelope.

Just got to read that final page with the actual decision yet! :unsure:


I've got a wad of papers inside an A4 thick plastic envelope on top of the final page so i can't see the result yet. I've moved it down a bit and it says "Before Judge... Members..."

Incidentally I didn't know there'd be a judge on the panel until i read the first few pages in the brown envelope. The leaflet 'If you think our decision is wrong' just says "legally qualified member (a solictor or barrister)"
The topic has been locked.

Re:GL24 to set aside? 6 years 1 month ago #66624

  • michaelg
Nervy

We're sorry but we cant possibly answer your question by means of a guessing game. You say you have a wad of papers, but have not yet read the decision, (if it is a decision). Quite understand how apprehensive you must be, but I would urge you to read through the papers, maybe a friend could assist you. Otherwise you could take it to an Advice Centre, who may be able to give you futher help.

Kind regards

Michael
The topic has been locked.

Re:GL24 to set aside? 6 years 1 month ago #66991

  • Nervy
Nervy wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

Was the appeal allowed or disallowed?

I'm a bit confused by what you mean. Like i said I had a first tier paper tribunal on 9 Aug if that helps.

I kinda get it now I've read the result.
It says "The appeal is disallowed".

I thought it would say 'upheld' or 'in favour of' so I was a little shocked at first when it said 'disallowed' thinking the tribunal had decided not to make a decision because they had no new evidence, then i thought of CrazyDiamond saying allowed or disallowed.

Do decision notices not say 'upheld' or 'in favour of'? There are not 3 types of result are there?

I've read a couple of lines more and it says I've the same DLA as before then under that so far is blank.
The topic has been locked.

Re:"set aside" vs adjournment 6 years 1 month ago #67004

Hi Nervy

I regret to say that a 'disallowed' appeal means that the decision has not been changed in your favour.

In order to 'win' an appeal, the appeal has to be 'allowed'.

Regards

Derek
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback