Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: mobility and transport

mobility and transport 6 years 2 months ago #68652

dla

does living far from bus stop or train station have any bearing on dla mobility claim to claimants advantage, if dwp think you are not virtualy unable to walk. but unable to use public transport due to far walking problems.

any info please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:mobility and transport 6 years 2 months ago #68657

bal42 wrote:

dla

does living far from bus stop or train station have any bearing on dla mobility claim to claimants advantage, if dwp think you are not virtualy unable to walk. but unable to use public transport due to far walking problems.

any info please


Hi bal,

An award of Mobility Component DLA, will depend on whether the claimant meets the criteria regarding walking, set out in the regulations.

The proximity of public transport would not be taken into account.

In other words what are your limitations re : walking etc?, not how far away is the nearest bus stop, or train station?.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:mobility and transport 6 years 2 months ago #68718

thankyou bro58
mobilty award is refused because can walk upto 100 meters with short stops. but bus stops or train stations could be far as 800 to 1500 meters. impossible to walk that far due pain in legs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:mobility and transport 6 years 2 months ago #68720

bal42 wrote:

thankyou bro58
mobilty award is refused because can walk upto 100 meters with short stops. but bus stops or train stations could be far as 800 to 1500 meters. impossible to walk that far due pain in legs.


O.K. bal :)

Don't forget though, that the distance counted regarding walking, is only the distance that you can walk before the onset of pain, severe discomfort, or breathlessness.

So if for example you could walk say 10 metres before you started to suffer the pain etc, as mentioned above, that 10 metres would be the distance that was applicable, any distance walked after that would not count.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:mobility and transport 6 years 2 months ago #68721

bro58
where can i find the criteria regarding walking, set out in the regulations

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:mobility and transport 6 years 2 months ago #68726

bal42 wrote:

bro58
where can i find the criteria regarding walking, set out in the regulations


Hi Bal,

Have a look at the information on the document from this link. :


www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch61.pdf

61251 onwards is about mobility component.

Also have a look at the extensive DLA guides in the orange MEMBERS ONLY area on the left.

cheers

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback