Login FormClose

Free ESA, PIP and DLA Updates

With over 140,000 subscribers our fortnightly updates bulletin is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Get the facts about what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare.   Get your free benefits updates now.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: recording devices

recording devices 4 months 2 weeks ago #192484

What recording devices has anyone used, or recommend, to record their assessment interview for PIP please. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

recording devices 4 months 2 weeks ago #192520

callumsnan wrote: What recording devices has anyone used, or recommend, to record their assessment interview for PIP please. Thank you.


You must record directly to either tape or CD, in practical terms I think this means cassette tape, you can use two cheap (relatively) cassette recorders. Some people have suggested using a separate microphone (x2) rather than the built-in ones.

Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: callumsnan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

recording devices 4 months 2 weeks ago #192804

I used a small USB stick voice recorder (cheap to buy online), everything was clear as a bell with only one problem - try to sit still or you'll get rustling noises! As a back up I also used the recorder on my phone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

recording devices 4 months 2 weeks ago #192824

Bravestick wrote: I used a small USB stick voice recorder (cheap to buy online), everything was clear as a bell with only one problem - try to sit still or you'll get rustling noises! As a back up I also used the recorder on my phone.


I'm sorry, but neither of these is an acceptable device for recording an assessment.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

recording devices 4 months 1 week ago #192915

Why is a new mobile phone not a satisfactory recording device for a PiP assessment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

recording devices 4 months 1 week ago #192919

Stephen Kent wrote: Why is a new mobile phone not a satisfactory recording device for a PiP assessment


Two reasons;

The DWP require recordings to be made direct to tape or CD.

The DWP do not allow recordings to digital devices.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: bro58GordonMrs Hurtyback