× Members

DLA to PIP

More
8 years 7 months ago #140466 by mobbba
DLA to PIP was created by mobbba
Hi Everyone.....My question is regarding the transfer from DLA to PIP. I was 65 in February this year. I have a DLA lifetime award since 1991, High rate mobility and low rate care. I have had one assessment since that time with the same award given.

What worries me is: If I manage to get transferred to PIP I will be 65/66. It states you cannot claim PIP if your 65 or over, it then becomes Attendance Allowance. If this is the case will lose my Motability car?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140476 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP

mobbba wrote: Hi Everyone.....My question is regarding the transfer from DLA to PIP. I was 65 in February this year. I have a DLA lifetime award since 1991, High rate mobility and low rate care. I have had one assessment since that time with the same award given.

What worries me is: If I manage to get transferred to PIP I will be 65/66. It states you cannot claim PIP if your 65 or over, it then becomes Attendance Allowance. If this is the case will lose my Motability car?

Everybody who was under 65 on 8 April 2013 will be transferred to PIP even if they are over 65 when the transfer actually occurs.

If an award is made then you will continue to receive PIP as long as you meet the criteria.

You will be assessed for both PIP components, Daily Living (care) and Mobility.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #153285 by mobbba
Replied by mobbba on topic DLA to PIP
I am on DLA lifetime award and I have to change my car this year. I have not had the forms to complete for the switch over to PIP yet and wonder when my area will targeted.

I am in LS postcode area. has anyone in this area been assessed yet? Or does anyone know when the switch will be for me I am 66

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153288 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA to PIP
Hi mobbba,

I have merged your question with the previous topic in which you asked a similar question.

All areas are now 'live' for transfers to PIP but I'm afraid there is no way of knowing when you might be notified. If you want to get 'ahead of the game' you can use the sample PIP2 form in our guides and type your answers into a word document. That will save you time when the real form arrives. You can attach the word document to the form - it is vital that you return the form you receive as it will be marked with a unique barcode.

PIP help for claimants

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mobbba

More
8 years 1 month ago #153293 by mobbba
Thank you. Its a worrying time as friends have lost their award. Just want it over with. I will take your advice and complete the sample form.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178054 by mobbba
I received the dreaded brown envelope yesterday morning. DLA to PIP. No forms to complete just a letter outlining PIP and asking me to telephone the DWP.

Can anyone please give me direction with this? What can I expect on the telephone call? Should I have things written down? Will they ask about my health problems?

I have bad hands, thumbs and forefingers and find writing difficult, would I be able to complete forms online?

I want to be prepared for the call....as you can probably tell I am worried.

Thanks in advance x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.