× Members

ESA50 and Mental health claimants

More
7 years 9 months ago #163419 by j112009
ESA50 and Mental health claimants was created by j112009
Hello,

Are maximus still not ending ESA50's to claimants who suffer from mental health problems?

This is terrifying and unfair if it's still happening. Is it legal and within the rules? I can't believe it's possible to give a realistic picture of how your illness affects you by being interviewed by a"someone" from maximus. Also what about letters from DR's CPN's etc in support if they don't even send us ESA50's anymore. Please advise as very worried by this.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163436 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 and Mental health claimants

j112009 wrote: Hello,

Are maximus still not ending ESA50's to claimants who suffer from mental health problems?

This is terrifying and unfair if it's still happening. Is it legal and within the rules? I can't believe it's possible to give a realistic picture of how your illness affects you by being interviewed by a"someone" from maximus. Also what about letters from DR's CPN's etc in support if they don't even send us ESA50's anymore. Please advise as very worried by this.

Thanks.

I'm not sire where you have heard this!

Whilst some claimants with mental health problems will not receive an ESA50 at reassessment, the vast majority will.

Where an ESA50 is not issued, Maximus should contact the claimants GP or other health professionals for further information, but this does not stop the claimant submitted their own evidence as available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: j112009

More
7 years 8 months ago #165258 by j112009
Replied by j112009 on topic ESA50 and Mental health claimants
So if I don't get an ESA50 for my reassment should I print off the one on this site and take it with me? I don't know which office deals with my claim as it changed from getting letters from a Nottingham office to one in the West Midlands and i haven't changed my address.

Thanks in advance.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165313 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 and Mental health claimants

j112009 wrote: So if I don't get an ESA50 for my reassment should I print off the one on this site and take it with me? I don't know which office deals with my claim as it changed from getting letters from a Nottingham office to one in the West Midlands and i haven't changed my address.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't receive an ESA50 then you can prepare your own, it would be worth you doing this anyway so that you are ahead of the game when you are reassessed.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166173 by j112009
Replied by j112009 on topic ESA50 and Mental health claimants
Is there anywhere I can look to see which DWP office deals with the area I live in? as I mentioned it seems to have changed but it doesb't say the new one is a BDC. I can't phone them because of severe anxiety.

Thanks.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166183 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA50 and Mental health claimants
I don't know whether this is what you are looking for

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...postal-addresses.pdf

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.