× Members

DLA TO PIP

More
7 years 4 months ago #175806 by knockveiw
Replied by knockveiw on topic DLA TO PIP
O I see ,so confusing all this stuff,its sad to read peoples news when they are loosing money and their car etc ,so unfair after being on DLA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #175823 by f c
Replied by f c on topic DLA TO PIP
I have spoke to Welfare Rights today as they advised us at the beginning of all this. The lady said my husband should really have received the enhanced rates, but really like you have said and I know myself that we should wait for the letter. She advised that if we do ask them to look at it again, then they look at the whole thing and he could end up with nothing and also a shorter award as this one is an open award. Is this correct?

More
7 years 4 months ago #175848 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA TO PIP

f c wrote: I have spoke to Welfare Rights today as they advised us at the beginning of all this. The lady said my husband should really have received the enhanced rates, but really like you have said and I know myself that we should wait for the letter. She advised that if we do ask them to look at it again, then they look at the whole thing and he could end up with nothing and also a shorter award as this one is an open award. Is this correct?

There is a risk if you ask the DWP for an MR that they will look at the existing award and consider reducing it, it does not happen very often, but it does happen and it is something that you need to consider when requesting an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: f c

More
7 years 4 months ago #176866 by f c
Hi I requested the assessors report three weeks ago and have not received it. I did ring yesterday and the lady informed me it was still waiting to be sent out, How annoying when I have rang a few times to be told it had been sent out! I also rang yesterday because we have still not received the decision letter, and the decision was made on the 2nd December. How could we if we wanted to put in a reconsideration when you only get a month from the decision was made? This would now only give us a couple of weeks if that wouldn't it? Is this a common thing? We have how ever had the letter off Motability to say when to hand the car back. If we hadn't of know the decision as I rang up to find out, this would have been the first we would have heard about it through Motability.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176877 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA TO PIP
Hi fc,

DWP are hardly covering themselves in glory, are they? :angry:

The one month in which to submit the MR request runs from the date on the decision letter, so you should be OK if this has not been sent.

Even then, 1 month is the time in which DWP must accept the MR request but you actually have up to 13 months in which they have discretion to accept if you show 'good cause'. Whilst what constitutes good cause is not laid down, not having been sent a letter should be accepted!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: f c

More
7 years 4 months ago #176941 by f c
Hi received the letter Saturday. My husband scored 11 for the daily living. They scored him 0 points for eating and drinking when he told the assessor that he needs help to cut up certain foods. He also only scored 2 points for receiving help with washing lower parts of body. He scored nothing for me having to help him out the shower as its one over the bath. This was explained to the assessor.

The mobility he only scored 8 points for being able to move 20 metres unaided but no more than 50 metres. How did they come to that when the assessor didn't even question his mobility skills.

It then goes on to say they cannot consider any help you need not covered by the activities for daily living and mobility, including stairs, use of taxis or public transport and weather conditions.
Could you explain this please. He couldn't use and doesn't use public transport in which we explained in the form because of his anxiety due to his severe heart failure and problems with it and his RA.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.