× Members

PIP reassessment

More
7 years 6 months ago #172153 by Mick Egan
PIP reassessment was created by Mick Egan
Hello,
My new PIP form was filled in and returned a month ago,despite a deterioration in my life limiting condition and information provided we have been informed that everyone is reassessed regardless to ensure that correct claims are being made,we rang and have been offered an easier to get to assessment but still going to be difficult,they (DWP) advised that when i speak to my GP Monday if he provides a letter then they may give me a home visit-however they also say that paperwork would be sent back to them and DWP would decide? if paperwork would be reissued-is there any merit or implication by what is being said in your opinion
ie would they class it as non attendance having been offered the 2nd appointment which is closer to home?
Thanks
Kettle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172178 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP reassessment
Hi Kettle and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Many claimants have difficulty in getting a home assessment :( The truth is that, once you have been asked to attend an assessment centre, you stand very little chance of this being changed to a home visit without a GP's letter of support.

Your file would be returned to DWP if you fail to attend the 2nd appointment without a home visit being approved. If this happens, the most likely outcome would be DWP closing your file and you having to fight this.

Your other option is asking the assessment provider what would be needed in order for them to do a paper assessment rather than needing to see you. However, the fact is that your claim could not proceed until/unless you have a face2face assessment if one is deemed necessary.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172197 by Mick Egan
Replied by Mick Egan on topic PIP reassessment
Thanks for your reply.
As this is a reassessment/reveiw (my claim/award doesn't end until next year) and i only received assessment providers appt letter on 26 Oct stating assessment due 7 Nov at a venue miles away (new appt has arrived today for the 9th Nov at a more local venue) however my Gp doesnt return from holiday until coming Monday (31 Oct)when he is going to ring me,i am sure that he will provide a letter for home visit request due to the morphine patches and many other meds i have to take and overall health situation ongoing
or will the timeframe be too short to change between his return on Monday(31 Oct) and letter being provided for home visit request?
In the event of being refused or unavailability of a home visit (and i dont wish to keep returning to ask you guys and dont know enough about browsers etc-however do know a little more IT than when i last contacted you few years ago when all this started) would i be best to take any letter from my GP for the assessor or will they have all the information and copies that were sent/returned with last month with my PIP reveiw form
Finally does this reveiw start a new award or does the old one effectively end if assessed differently-in other words is this a means of ending awards prematurely
Thanks
Kettle

More
7 years 6 months ago #172200 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reassessment
Kettle

Providing you can get a letter as soon as your GP is back then there should be time for a decision on a home assessment.

The assessor should have all of the information that you submitted with your PIP2, as the GP letter would be new you should take it with you.

A new Decision will be made on your claim which will supersede the previous award, so if you are not successful in the reassessment your PIP will end immediately, but hopefully that will not happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #172202 by Mick Egan
Replied by Mick Egan on topic PIP reassessment
Hello Gordon,
So do i indeed,bad timing gp on holiday i suppose but these things happen, if i get letter and we ring them to sort i assume we ring DWP or provider or both? regards requesting home visit
Much obliged for info
Regards
Kettle

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172215 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP reassessment
Send it to the assessment provider, DWP tend to deny all responsibility for this part of the process!

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.