× Members

reviewing my benefit claim meeting

More
7 years 5 months ago #173525 by leah
Hi there

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice.

I have a meeting at the job centre tomorrow to review my benefit claim. The letter states that they have arranged a meeting to talk about any changes that could affect my benefits. The meeting is with a compliance team member. Has anyone attending one of these meetings?

They have requested that I bring ID and also recent bank statements. I am going to print off my bank statements but can I black out what my money is spent on? I dont anything to hide but dont think I should have to show my debits. Surely they only need to see what is going into my account?

I am on ESA support group and I am currently going through the process of changing from DLA to Pip :(

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Kind regards

Leah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #173528 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic reviewing my benefit claim meeting
Leah

We have seen a lot of these recently, frankly the DWP are rattling the cages of DG claimants as they have no other way of "contacting" them as they not required to attend WFIs or to participate in WRA.

I wouldn't redact the bank statements, I can understand why you want to maintain your privacy but doing so simply invites the DWP to think that you have something to hide.

The vast majority of these meetings result in no further action, so try not to worry about it.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #173538 by leah
Replied by leah on topic reviewing my benefit claim meeting
Thank you Gordon!

Do you have any idea if they take copies of the bank statement or do they just look at it and hand it back?

Kind regards

Lisa

More
7 years 5 months ago #173556 by wald9
Replied by wald9 on topic reviewing my benefit claim meeting
Hi Leah

I have also received this letter, my meeting is in a fortnight so it would be useful to hear how you got on. There haven't been any changes in my circumstances and the letter doesn't say there is a query on my claim, just the wording: 'We have arranged this to talk about any changes which could affect your benefits'.

I'm in the WRAG and had a WFI last month so it isn't only those with no contact with JCP.

Interestingly I have just been through the DLA to PIP transfer and was awarded 0 points and so no PIP. I'm waiting for the MR outcome.

Dan

More
7 years 5 months ago #173570 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic reviewing my benefit claim meeting

leah wrote: Thank you Gordon!

Do you have any idea if they take copies of the bank statement or do they just look at it and hand it back?

Kind regards

Lisa

It will depend on the contents and whether they are looking for specific information or you were picked at random.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #173576 by JeanCannon
Replied by JeanCannon on topic reviewing my benefit claim meeting
Please what is WFI, DG and WRA I cannot understand all of these abbreviations?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.