× Members

When is it too far to travel?

More
7 years 4 months ago #175134 by Peggy Underwood
When is it too far to travel? was created by Peggy Underwood
I am trying to get through reassessment for ESA after waiting 15 weeks from them receiving my ESA50 have finally received appointment but it's an hour long journey by car only and parking very restricted in a popular shopping centre 3 days before Christmas, do I have the right to ask for an assessment closer to home?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #175153 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When is it too far to travel?

Sammie69 wrote: I am trying to get through reassessment for ESA after waiting 15 weeks from them receiving my ESA50 have finally received appointment but it's an hour long journey by car only and parking very restricted in a popular shopping centre 3 days before Christmas, do I have the right to ask for an assessment closer to home?

Travel times up to 90 minutes each way are allowed.

You can move the appointment, this is best done on the phone. Be aware that you must then attend the new appointment whenever or wherever it is arranged for or you risk your claim being closed due to your failing to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peggy Underwood

More
7 years 4 months ago #175159 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic When is it too far to travel?
I had no trouble changing the venue of my PIP assessment, but they do only give you one 'reschedule' and with pip they would only book I think a week or two in advance
but they were very very helpful accommodating my issues around travel/distance etc
it seems the venues initially sent out are computer generated in very wide areas

hope you get a better option

More
7 years 4 months ago #175163 by Peggy Underwood
Replied by Peggy Underwood on topic When is it too far to travel?
I will ring and ask. I'll get back here to let others know how it goes. Thank you for your help.

More
7 years 4 months ago #175167 by Peggy Underwood
Replied by Peggy Underwood on topic When is it too far to travel?
I just spoke to someone in Cardiff and they said the computer chooses the venue but he was more than helpful in giving me an appointment in my local area. They said they haven't a clue of the geography as they only go by postcode. It helps if you are familiar with location of assessment centres in your area.
I hope this helps others :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.