× Members

ESA assessment january 2017

More
7 years 5 months ago #175905 by jan1
ESA assessment january 2017 was created by jan1
hi everyone,

well my sister had to fill in another esa form at the beginning of 2016 but never heard anything until today, she has to go for her assessment on 3/1/17 but because she hasn't heard anything we have made plans to go away for a week and guess what, we go on 3/1/17, in her letter it says if you cannot make the appointment to get in touch a.s.a.p. but I am worried now they will say "to bad" and my sis really needs this break.
is their anyone on here who could tell me if there is a way around it, just to put it off until after 10/1/17 without her being sanctioned. I very much appreciate all your input on this thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #175934 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA assessment january 2017
Hi Jan,

The claimant can rearrange the appointment once without penalty. I should warn you that your sister must then attend the next appointment or risk her claim being closed.

I suggest she phones the assessment provider and ask to have the appointment moved. Have a diary handy so that the 2nd appointment can be made to suit.

May I suggest that you favourite/bookmark this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your sister's ESA without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim to one topic - I hope you will find this useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 5 months ago #175950 by jan1
Replied by jan1 on topic ESA assessment january 2017
hi hurtyback,

thank you for your reply, if she rings them will they bring the date forward or backwards? we don't really want them to no shes away with us so don't no what to tell them and when to ring them.

More
7 years 5 months ago #175952 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA assessment january 2017

jan1 wrote: hi hurtyback,

thank you for your reply, if she rings them will they bring the date forward or backwards? we don't really want them to no shes away with us so don't no what to tell them and when to ring them.

I would leave it as late as you reasonably can before you go away (IE don't leave it until the last minute) and have a diary handy so that the next appointment can be made to suit. It can usually be delayed by up to about 3 weeks.

You shouldn't have to give a reason, but I have heard of people who have been asked to do so! Just say it is not convenient, make something up if they push!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #175959 by jan1
hi Hurtyback,
thank you very much I will try find out if they have the xmas hols for two week of if they return to work in between so she can ring them before xmas. thanks for all your help I appreciate it very much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 5 months ago #175968 by jan1
hi all,
also about this face to face assessment, can anyone tell me what happens and what questions are asked as well of what is expected of my sister wen wego to this assessment. please.
thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.