× Members

PIP Award

More
7 years 4 months ago #176620 by Harishah
PIP Award was created by Harishah
I had my assessment on the 30/11 2016 and got a reply from DWP within week which surprising because I thought it would be several weeks to get a decision. The assessment itself was not as daunting as I had feared and the assessor was very pleasant and polite.

I have been awarded the enhanced rate for the daily living component and the standard rate for the mobility component. I am quite happy with this so no complaints there.

However, in the daily living component in a couple of categories I have been given zero points and I feel that I should have been awarded some points based on the information I had provided in the application form and at the assessment.

I have requested a copy of my assessment report to see what the assessor had written under these categories but as the report has not arrived and I believe there is a deadline of thirty days if there is a dispute on the award/points if they need to be queried.

I would like to DWP to look at these categories again but at the same time I do not want to rock the boat and loose the award that has been given.

Can you possibly advise me as to whether I should just leave it as it is or ask the DWP to look at the disputed categories again without the fear of loosing my award or any component of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176638 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Award
Hi Harendra,

Gosh, that was a quick decision! I'm very glad it is one you are happy with.

As far as the daily living award is concerned, it is entirely possible that the assessor stopped counting once they reached the level needed for an enhanced award. In any case, there is no way you can get DWP to look at this again without requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration and doing this would risk what you have.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176672 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Award
Thanks for the reply.

Have you come across instances where people has had their award withdrawn or reduced upon requesting a mandatory reconsideration even though they not disputed the award given but just queried on points given or not on some components.

I do not want to jeopardise my award but the extra points I believe should have been given would have come handy especially as I believe from January 2017 DWP are changing the number eligible points on certain aspects of the daily living component which may cause me a problem when my review comes up.

Are there any safeguards for claimants when request mandatory reconsideration for simple aspects such as points awarded rather than actual rates award.

I am a little worried if I request a mandatory reconsideration on the points issue but at the same time if I leave this how this will affect my award when my review is due in three years time.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176691 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Award
I know that several people have sent in a letter to DWP correcting the 'errors', clearly stating that they are NOT requesting an MR but want the letter to remain on file. I don't know how DWP treat these.

If you request an MR you are saying that you are not happy with the award. As you are already on the enhanced rate for daily living, this can really only go one way!

We certainly do have members who have had the award reduced or removed at MR. In your situation I would certainly not take the risk.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176716 by denise
Replied by denise on topic PIP Award
Mrs H they did that with me.

More
7 years 4 months ago #176734 by carole
Replied by carole on topic PIP Award
i felt a bit worried reading that the DWP are changing points in the daily living, i have not heard this before, what changes are happening please, as i have had my invitation i am more worried that i was now. I was going to leave it until the 28th to make the first call and that would mean i will be assessed in Januaury

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.