× Members

so worried here

More
7 years 3 months ago #178961 by PD
so worried here was created by PD
:(
Hi
i just got a letter this morning telling me to apply for pip
i am so so worried about this that i really feel ill with it.
i did call them and gave the details they were asking for
and was told someone may ring me or my form will be in the post to fill out.
can anyone please give me any advice plz regarding the form etc
i am at my wits end
i knew it was going to happen but now that it has came in i am so worried about it all
hoping someone can help me in any way
thankyou so much
:sick:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #178984 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic so worried here
Hi PD,

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You need to be aware that the criteria for PIP are very different from those for DLA. This is explained in our PIP guide which also gives sample answers for each question, so I suggest this is where you should start.

PIP help for claimants

I would expect the PIP form to arrive within about 10 days now that you have initiated the claim. It's worth phoning DWP if it does not arrive within this time, just in case it has gone astray. The guide explains the PIP process too.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PD

More
7 years 3 months ago #178993 by PD
Replied by PD on topic so worried here
ty so much for your reply
i will have a read of what you have said to me
and hope i can get ideas of what i have to do.
if i need someone to help me with all this would you have any ideas as to who
would be the best person to go too example like mp..advice center etc
thankyou again for any advice.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #179000 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic so worried here
I'm afraid that face2face advice is becoming increasingly difficult to access as organisations are having funding cut.

You can try CAB. Also organisations or societies set up to support people with the condition/s you have - for instance, MIND can be helpful for people with mental health problems.

Failing that, you can try doing an internet search for 'welfare advice' and your area or postcode.

I would not expect your MP to be able to help with the actual completing of the claim form.

Irrespective of whether you find anyone to help you, this is your claim and you must be happy with the information supplied (after all, you will have to sign the form!). Don't let anyone persuade you to report only your worst days and don't sign a blank form for someone else to complete without your input.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PD

More
7 years 3 months ago #179012 by PD
Replied by PD on topic so worried here
Ty again.I am going to talk to my doctor and also get him to advise me as he knows all the illnesses I have that won't improve with time it is life long and nothing I can do about it ..but will keep reading up on the site and ty once again x

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #179021 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic so worried here
Marie

I am sorry but I am not going to allow your post.

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.