× Members

PIP F2F APPOINTMENT

More
7 years 2 months ago #182518 by David
PIP F2F APPOINTMENT was created by David
Received letter from Capita this morning: To complete your assessment we will need to meet you face -to- face, for your reassessment for PIP.

I have mobility problems cannot walk no further than 20 meters cannot sit or stand for longer than 15 minutes & severe anxiety & depression.

The face-to-face assessment is 50 miles one way trip from my house, so i phoned Capita to explain this & i was told if we cancel this appointment we will send you another appointment at the same address 50 miles away as there are no appointments in my home town, they ( Capita) went on to explain that the DWP Guide line is all applicants can travel 120 miles, he then went on and said to phone DWP for advise, I've been passed from department to department for over 2hrs.
This was the answer i got from PIP cancel your appointment with Capita wait until you get your next appointment at the same address then cancel that & the DWP will review your existing PIP claim, and your money may stop.
I Physically cannot travel this far and if i could i have no means of getting there i did explain this to PIP and they said they would pay for taxi but i would have to pay for it up front then claim money back, a taxi to the location there and back would cost £150 plus i can't afford to eat at the moment let alone £150 taxis. Any advise on the above please & thanks in advance :dry: :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP F2F APPOINTMENT
David

First of all it is not 120 miles, it is no more than a 90 minute journey each way., so can you show that the journey, at the required time, would be more than this.

Based on what we see on the forum it should be possible to move the appointment to an office closer to you, however, your best bet is to go for a home assessment but you will need the support of your GP to explain why you cannot attend at Capita's offices.

Don't cancel anything now, wait until the day before the appointment. The advice from the DWP is appalling, it can take months to resolve a failure to attend and there is no guarantee whatsoever that they will accept your reasons for not attending.

Get your MP involved.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182534 by David
Replied by David on topic PIP F2F APPOINTMENT
Thanks for your advise Gordon i will cancel the day before then, while i was on phone to PIP they did say i could have a home assessment but you will need the support of my GP to explain why you cannot attend at Capita's offices Unfortunately my GP want £25 for the privilege of giving me a letter for the DWP.

More
7 years 1 month ago #185433 by David
Hi Gordon update reguarding my PIP f2f appointentment :

I canceled 1st appointment one day before due date.
I have now received another f2f appointment for the same venue, as i have previously explained my reason for cancelling original appointment was because i can not travel due to my physical & mental state, i also explained this to PIP when i cancelling original appointment, i have phoned them this morning & explained again to be told if i cancel my PIP will stop as this will be the second cancellation.

Total Train journey one way 1 h 19 min & I have to walk to 4 bus stops
Could you please give me some advise as what to do next, i did explain this to Pip & they are not interested, all they say is your Pip will stop.

More
7 years 1 month ago #185460 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP F2F APPOINTMENT
David

I'm afraid, unless they rearrange the appointment you are stuck with it.

Have you spoken to your GP about a letter?

Did you contact your MP?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #185486 by David
Thanks gordon for your reply.

I Have spoken to my GP about a letter & they want £25 for a letter, sent Email 6 weeks ago to MP still waiting for a reply!!
I guess i will just have to cancel appointment & get my Pip stopped, i can't see anyway around it, i cannot afford £25 for a GP letter & obviously i can not travel either & no reply from MP. :pinch:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.