× Members

PIP assessment

More
6 years 11 months ago #188525 by nicurro
PIP assessment was created by nicurro
HI ,
Just had my PIP face to face assessment and am a little concerned that I was only asked if I could plan a journey to a familiar place , no mention planning or getting to an unfamiliar place nor if I could get there using public transport.
This was an Atos assessment at Selby Hospital.
Is this usual ??
Have any other members had a similar assessment and then been awarded enhanced mobility??

Thanks
Nic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289163 by nicurro
Replied by nicurro on topic PIP assessment (Monday 18th March 2024)
Hi,

I have a telephone assessment tomorrow and beginning to get a little nervous about it even though I have an award already for Higher Mobility and Standard Care.

Originally my first claim was refused but at Tribunal it was given, around 10 years ago now.

Subsequent reviews have all been successful the last one being paper based from what I remember.

My concern currently is that the assessor will not know the history of my PIP journey and will treat me as a new claimant, the amount of evidence I sent was minimal to be honest though.

Will the DWP question any discrepancies that the assessor may write or rely on the historic claims also ?

I may be stressing over nothing but until the award is continued I have no trust or faith in the assessors or DWP.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #289189 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP assessment (Monday 18th March 2024)
Hi Nicurro

I hope that your assessment went well. It's no good at this point trying to speculate what the assessor and DWP may or may not do as that is entirely out of your hands.

As you know, there is a lack of consistency in how assessments are undertaken and judged. You can only work through the process and wait and see.

You can ring and ask for your assessment report (PA4) 48 hours after the assessment has taken place.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 month 1 week ago #289252 by nicurro
Replied by nicurro on topic PIP assessment (Monday 18th March 2024)
I think the assessment went well though time will tell I suppose.

One thing I didn’t expect was the phone call the day before reminding me about the appointment and the question about having people listening in to the call for training purposes, I agreed that they could, I then decided that I didn’t want to allow it as I was unsure what could be discussed following the call between the assessor and learner !

More
2 days 18 hours ago #290548 by nicurro
Replied by nicurro on topic PIP assessment
Hi, following on from the assessment which went very well I have been awarded both parts at Enhanced rate.
When filling in the review form I pretty much completed it with comments like” I still need the aids / assistance from my previous claim” then added wording to say what these were.
Very little evidence submitted with the form but the note from the reviewer agreed with me and commented that it was consistent with medical history that my needs have increased slightly.

Nice ending when I then received over a full years back payments which I wasn’t expecting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Chris

More
2 days 18 hours ago #290553 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP assessment
Well done nicurro - thank you for the update.

@SUCCESS

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.