× Members

Indef DLA to PIP advise please

More
6 years 9 months ago #193106 by Debs424
Indef DLA to PIP advise please was created by Debs424
Hi,
I have been in receipt of indef DLA for several years. Lowest rate of care & full mobility. I have not yet received any correspondence about migrating to PIP. My problem is that my care needs have increased considerably over the last few years. My husband has now given up work to be able to look after me. He cannot claim carers allowance as I am on lowest rate of care. At the moment we are subsidising my benefits every month with our savings. Should I risk applying for PIP or wait until I receive a letter?
I've read so many awful remarks about people actually losing their benefits I am worried in case this happens to me. I am also in ESA Support Group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193133 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Indef DLA to PIP advise please
Debs

I'm afraid it's your call whether to report a change and be switched to PIP.

PIP has very different criteria from DLA, this may help you or it may hinder you depending on your problems. My best suggestion is that you go through our PIP Claim guide to see what you might reasonably score, be hard on your self when assessing what you might score as the DWP most certainly will be. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any questions then please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193176 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Indef DLA to PIP advise please
Hi, Please help.
I have not been on B&W for a long time now. Seeking to post a question to the moderators I saw this from Debs.I feel I am highjacking this thread but it is basically the same question except I have a limit on the time given to me and I do not know what to do. I have pondered over this for the last few months but thought the moderators may be able to give me some advice. So sorry to Debs.
I am on low rate care and high mobility and indefinite DLA.
Few months ago, I was told I have a rare cancer of the small bowel with metastasis in the liver. The oncologist told me it will be palliative treatment only and gave me a prognosis of two years.
I wanted to ring DLA with the change in circumstances but dont want to trigger any filling of forms etc as it will make my depression worse. I also have new things such as palpitations with beta blockers and high blood pressure in the last year on medications.
My GP is supportive for me to get in touch with DLA but I wonder if moderators have any thoughts and experience themselves?
Thank you ,
Evelyn.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193200 by Gordon
Evelyn

You're not going to get PIP without completing the PIP2 form in detail!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193232 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Indef DLA to PIP advise please
Thank you Gordon.
It looks like it is better to leave it until PIP assessment is triggered by the DWP.
Can you direct me to a copy of the PIP2 form to see if I can tackle it myself?
Evelyn

More
6 years 9 months ago #193246 by Gordon
Evelyn

The form is on the following

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...affects-you-form.PDF

But you really need to go through the PIP Claim guide to understand how to complete it.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.