× Members

advice on how best to attend f2f at a centre

More
6 years 9 months ago #193625 by Dribble
Hi folks
Can I ask if I turn up for assessment by car driven by my husband, get dropped at door whilst he goes and parks then he comes back and accompanies me into building to reception/ waiting area, but does not come into interview room, as this will make me even more nervous, will this be deemed as Unaided and I can supposedly walk alone ? will they ask me how I got there or does their CCTV I expect that is in place tell them this in advance, please help, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193628 by Gordon
Dribble

You don't say what aid your husband aids you so It is difficult to comment but if he does not accompany you to the assessment room then at the very least this distance would potentially be classed as unaided, if this is a few metres then it may not matter but if the room is some distance from reception then it may be an issue.

It's a standard question to ask how the claimant got to the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193634 by Dribble
Replied by Dribble on topic advice on how best to attend f2f at a centre
Hi Gordon
my husband has to help me up steps and out of chairs and carrying bags, he also assesses kerbs and basically stops me falling over, I have severe RA, awaiting 2nd hip opp any day, leg keeps giving way and my knees are shot.
So if he literally walks me to door of assessment, is that a good plan? Im just wooried they will think im over egging the pudding as it were and not take me sincerely.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193637 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic advice on how best to attend f2f at a centre
There is no problem with your husband walking you to the assessment room if that is what he would normally do.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 9 months ago #193642 by Dribble
thankyou mrs Hurtyback, I love that name! makes me smile:)

More
6 years 9 months ago #193691 by Dribble
Does my husband need to be in the room, will it be of any detriment to myself, I don't need him to speak for me , but I guess he could be my witness to what is said to me? Will they ask me to undress to examine lower limbs? If so will they help to take on and off garments? I'm just trying to get as prepared as possible. Many thanks in advance

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.