× Members

esa reassesment?

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #285765 by freefee
esa reassesment? was created by freefee
hi all,
i am in the support group of esa contribution based and i now receive pip enhanced for both element up graded from standard this year, each year i normally get a letter about my esa award, saying they have looked at it again, and what group i am in and what amount i will receive, the last letter was october 28th 2022, i am still receiving my payments and the next payment is due a week thursday 7/12/2023 on the last letter i have written renew date 14/11/23, so i guess i must have asked or they told me ,my next reassesment date, i am temted to wait and see if payments continue, but a bit worried, they may say something like letter or reassement pack was sent, but not received, and i may run out of time to appeal a negative decision, probably me being paranoid, but like most people i guess i am not in a position to lose this payment, any advice welcome, thanks, ps i have been on both benefits in all there guises since 2003

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #285775 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic esa reassesment?
Hi Freefee

You have to do what feels right for you. I can't say they haven't sent out a form - because I don't know, though I would suspect they are just behind. You either ring and ask the question or wait to see if the money appears next week. I can't tell you what to do here.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #285778 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic esa reassesment?
thanks leaning towards waiting, and hoping for the best, if payment doesn.t go in i will ring them, surely they would send a text or something though, pip did
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286043 by freefee
hello again, just to update, i received my payments for pip and esa today on time 7/12/23 with the xmas bonus, still inclined not to phone up, looking back over previous years for example 2023 letter from job centre plus, it was closer to the new tax year, i tend to get many letters because i have a a small pension from an ex employee, so my payment has to be adjusted when i know pension rise, just wanted to know when others get there letter regarding esa pay increase? bit confused to be honest, many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288483 by freefee
another update, my payments for PIP and ESA re going in as normal, got them both today, 29/2/2024, still not heard anything letter wise, i will have to phone them up shortly to inform them of my pension increase, has everybody started getting their uprating letters? or are some still waiting like me, don't know what to do for the best, to be honest, any advice welcome, the last letter i actually received was 11/4/2023 after i had given them my pension increase last year, it says i get the limited capability for work addition, because i am in the support group, and i am in the contribution based support group, it says at the bottom the amounts on this page apply from 14/4/23 to 30/11/23 but i think all the letters i have ever got use November as the date, i haven't been given an end date for award, hope you can help,
many thanks

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa reassesment?
f

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment, so your current ESA award will remain in payment until a New Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.