× Members

Backdated LCWRA entitlement?

More
4 months 1 week ago #286262 by ExtraTerrestrial
Backdated LCWRA entitlement? was created by ExtraTerrestrial
I was awarded LCWRA on 25/11/23.
I have been submitting (three monthly) sick notes since the 2nd June 23. (2/6/23-1/9/23 & 2/9/23-2/12/23)
Can anyone advise whether I am entitled to any backdated money and if so when should I expect to receive it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #286268 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?
ET

You are entitled to back payment of the LCWRA rate from the first complete AP on or after 2 September 2023, so three, possibly four APs depending on the date when your APs start.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 1 week ago #286272 by ExtraTerrestrial
Replied by ExtraTerrestrial on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?

ET You are entitled to back payment of the LCWRA rate from the first complete AP on or after 2 September 2023, so three, possibly four APs depending on the date when your APs start. Gordon

Thanks for the info Gordon. Does AP = Assessment period?
I left a note on my Universal credit account today requesting to see the adjudicators full decision. Will this request endanger my award?

More
4 months 1 week ago #286273 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?
ET

Yes, AP - Assessment Period

I'm not entirely sure what it is you are asking the DWP for?

There will be a UC85 Assessment Report which you can request from the UC Helpline.

In theory, there will be a document on how the Decision Maker made the Decision, the Statement of Reasons, but these are incredibly difficult to get hold of even if one was produced and you are most likely to be sent a copy of the UC85 in reply to your request.

The only thing to be careful of is to make it clear that you are not asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 1 week ago #286275 by ExtraTerrestrial
Replied by ExtraTerrestrial on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?
I left the following in my UC journal:

4.48PM 12/12/23
"I would like to officially request a written explanation for my LCWRA award dated 25th November 2023.
I would appreciate if you could please email confirmation of this request."

5.18PM 13/12/23
"To clarify I am NOT requesting mandatory reconsideration of my LCWRA award from 25/11/23. I would appreciate if you could confirm you understand this."

More
4 months 1 week ago #286281 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Backdated LCWRA entitlement?
D got her award and then a week or so later she got the backdated payments. I didn't have to contact them at all they just flagged that there was an entry on the journal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ExtraTerrestrial, KABTT , Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.