× Members

DWP Ignoring my letter about MM Activity 9

More
2 months 9 hours ago #288335 by Sten18979
On the 03-10-2022 I sent both my Pip Review form and a letter requesting that they look at my case regarding the MM Supreme court judgement recorded delivery, as apparently I fit the criteria of having my case looked at by them, as I was previously awarded 2 points for prompting back in 2017.

I never had any acknowledgment of the MM request, but it has been acknowledged by them in a telephone call if I have telephoned them about current claim etc, it has now been some 14 months,

My PIP Review has just been completed and I have been awarded in October 2023 both standard daily living and enhanced mobility, but,,,,,,, this time they have taken away any points i had been awarded in 2017 for my mental health !!(Engaging with others face to face, 2 points and Planning and following a journey 4 points)

It seems to me that they have deliberately done this, as it will strengthen their case in not awarding me any backdate for the MM supreme court judgement.

Any advice on how i can go forward on this would be greatly appreciated as they seem to be doing what they like in avoiding dealing with it, Surely this should have been dealt with in the last 12 months with current award.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 hours ago #288344 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Ignoring my letter about MM Activity 9
A

Those who assessed you would not have known about your MM request.

Have you chased the DWP about the request?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 hours ago #288347 by Sten18979
Replied by Sten18979 on topic DWP Ignoring my letter about MM Activity 9
Hi Gordon, Thank you for the reply, I have asked about it twice now in telephone calls to DWP in 2023, The reply was we acknowlege its on our system and will be dealt with when it comes around, and the second time I was told I would imagine it will be dealt with at the same time as your review, which it hasn't been,
Seems like they are deliberately and totally avoiding it, If It were the other way around I am sure I would be inundated with demand letters.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288370 by Sten18979
Thank you for the reply, Yes the first time I telephoned in 2023 I was told It was acknowledged and on there system and would be dealt with when it comes around, and the second time I was told they expect it will be dealt with at the time of my review, which it has not been. What can i do make a complaint ?.

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288373 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Ignoring my letter about MM Activity 9
A

To clarify. the review of claimants who might meet MM is being carried out by a separate group within the WDP, not part of the normal claim administration and review team(s), all the call operators will have visibility of will be your original letter, they will not know the status of the review, they may not even have contact information for the team.

I would suggest your next move is to contact your MP.

www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-a...ord/contact-your-mp/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sten18979

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #288379 by Sten18979
Just an update for anyone interested in this, I telephoned them today and they put me on to a case worker dealing with it, Apparently there is a letter in the post saying i do not qualify, I believe strongly that i do and have the evidence to back that up so i do not understand them taking this difficult route, I will have to do an MR then an appeal which I feel I need to do out of principle

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.