× Members

ESA claim

More
7 years 2 months ago #182621 by Perdita
Replied by Perdita on topic ESA claim
Hi, i m confused again. I thought it did not matter too much exactly what goes on a fit note, but i have just been reading the guide bit that says about early entry into the support group and how it is sometimes done if the DWP think your fit note shows you should be in the support group. How severe does your illness have to be for this, is this for terminally ill people really

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182626 by Perdita
My gp notes class me as being severely disabled, by my OCD . The fit note(the one that covered too long a period to be accepted by DWP ) she has just reissued into smaller period fit notes. These say OCD but I wondered if she had put severe OCD instead(which she knows is the case)would that get me in the early entry support group

More
7 years 2 months ago #182637 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: Hi, i m confused again. I thought it did not matter too much exactly what goes on a fit note, but i have just been reading the guide bit that says about early entry into the support group and how it is sometimes done if the DWP think your fit note shows you should be in the support group. How severe does your illness have to be for this, is this for terminally ill people really

You would need to meet the Exemption criteria. See the ESA Claim guide.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182638 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim

Cruella wrote: My gp notes class me as being severely disabled, by my OCD . The fit note(the one that covered too long a period to be accepted by DWP ) she has just reissued into smaller period fit notes. These say OCD but I wondered if she had put severe OCD instead(which she knows is the case)would that get me in the early entry support group

No it wouldn't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Perdita

More
7 years 1 month ago #183729 by Perdita
My GP is phoning tomorrow, and I need her to do a letter like she did fr my PIP , only this time for ESA, saying I cannot get to a medical assessment centre. I am thinking she could use the same letter only change the date and the address. I have not worked out what she needs to put as the address on the letter, whether it should be Maximus c/o DWP? And what address? DWP address or Maximus address?

More
7 years 1 month ago #183731 by Perdita
Oh sorry, you sent me that chdauk link and I assume I need to phone the tel number on there to find out.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.