× Members

Urgent WCA help needed

More
8 years 2 days ago #157333 by Monti
Replied by Monti on topic Urgent WCA help needed
Hi,
I mailed my MP as stated above and he apparently emailed DWP to find out why if I haven't improved and have received a home visit in the past I am not getting one this time. This was then passed to my local councillor who mailed to remind them a week ago as they have not received an answer and now my councillor is not answering my emails.
I phoned WCA today about my taxi booking for my assessment on Thursday 28th and asked them if they had received my request to have my interview recorded yet. They then passed me through to audio recording who don't have any equipment in to record on the 28th so my appointment has now been moved to 17th May. I now have this hanging over me for another 3 weeks.
One of my illnesses is flaring like mad as it is aggravated by stress, I am not sleeping or eating. This has been going on for about 3 months, constantly being postponed. What else can I do?
Why does the information that has given me home visits in the past now even with another Dr's letter to say I can't travel not allow me a home visit this time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 days ago #157349 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Urgent WCA help needed
Monti

I'm afraid I cannot answer your question, the rules that they operate under seem to be quite subjective .

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184637 by Monti
Replied by Monti on topic Urgent WCA help needed
Read the newsletter today and regarding this part "We didn’t hear from a single person who had been refused a home assessment once their MP was involved, whether it was for PIP or ESA." I never saw where to comment on this but I contacted my MP about a home visit and I was still refused and had to travel over an hour away to my assessment which was total agony, I was screaming in pain in the cab and then had to wait over 2 hours after the assessment for them to arrange a taxi to collect me to get me home,. another embarrassing painful journey. My MP Jo Johnson did nothing to help me get a home visit despite me getting one in the past. He mailed once then despite many follow up mails from me sat on his back side and said he had mailed and there was nothing more he could do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.