× Members

Buried Alive - The PIP Sequel!

More
5 years 2 months ago #226848 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic Buried Alive - The PIP Sequel!
Thanks for that.

Now both my esa thread and pip thread show up on my profile. I’m sure that more threads used to show up in profile. It’s a shame only two show now. Could this be due to the browser I am using or anything like that? I used to be able to offer my support to other members concerns, but now if I do it knocks one of my threads off my profile and I have to spend hours searching for it. Is there a way round it?

Thanks again PP:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226861 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Buried Alive - The PIP Sequel!
PP

You can bookmark the page in your browser.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd

More
5 years 1 month ago #227139 by unBat412Fd
Ok thank you Gordon

PP:)

More
4 years 7 months ago #237075 by unBat412Fd
Hello.

Hope someone can help me. In the not too distant future I will be in receipt of an inheritance that will take me over the savings limit. I am aware that I will lose certain means tested benefits ie pension credit and housing benefit. I currently live in a small rented house with stairs that I am finding harder and harder to cope with. When I receive the inheritance there may be enough to buy a small ground floor flat., possibly with help from family or try for a shared ownership, or try for a small mortgage top up as older person. As I will need time to look around for a flat I believe it’s possible to ask for a disregard so I can still pay my rent here till I do find somewhere and get moved in. Think I read disregard is 26 weeks maybe more. If this is the case how do I go about asking for it? Should I write when the time comes and to which body?

Am on pension, pension credit and Pip enhanced for both daily living and mobility. Stressed at mo too with all the worry of it all, so hope I’ve explained everything ok. Thanks.

Regards PP:)

More
4 years 7 months ago #237082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Buried Alive - The PIP Sequel!
PP

If the inheritance is over £16,000 then you will lose your HB. PC is reduced by £1/week for every £500 of savings and assets that you have above £10,000 there is no upper limit, so you may retain some PC depending on the amount.

The disregard that you are talking about is for claimants you have a home and have sold it, I'm not aware of one that would apply for an inheritance.

Your pension and PIP would not be affected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd

More
4 years 7 months ago #237096 by unBat412Fd
OK Gordon thank you.

That clears that side of things up now. Should the inheritance be used towards buying a ground floor flat, would this then be classed as deprivation of capital? Would I have to provide proof that I indeed do need a ground floor flat? Surely it will be seen as a good thing that I will no longer be claiming housing benefit. If it’s not seen as deprivation of capital will I then be able to get my pension credit back? My support worker will help see me through all this but we jus need to know what to expect.

Kindest regards PP:)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.