× Members

ESA/PIP Assessments

More
4 years 10 months ago #232321 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA/PIP Assessments
Ben

It could be the things that you mention but it could also be something entirely different so I would not volunteer information until you have an understanding of the purpose of the call.

Could someone ring on your behalf, you would need to be present to answer any security questions, to find out what the call is about and whether there is an alternate format for the meeting that could be arranged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232322 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic ESA/PIP Assessments
Thanks for your reply Gordon.

I've done absolutely nothing wrong so can you tell me what criteria they use to select people for these telephone interviews ? And i don't understand is why they'd be interested in my savings given i'm not claiming any means tested benefits.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232323 by Gordon
Ben

Have they actually said they are interested in your savings?

Some claimants are selected at random, some are selected to see if they are receiving the right benefits, some are the result of an anomaly picked up by data matching and some are due to a report to the Fraud Line, as it is a phone call it is more likely to be the former than the latter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

More
4 years 10 months ago #232325 by Ben
Thanks again Gordon.

I think i'll write to the officer ,explain my situation and see if she'll explain in writing what she needs to know.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232335 by Ben
Just one more question Gordon.Do these compliance interviews trigger off assessments for ESA and PIP even when you can prove you've done nothing wrong.?

Thanks for your help and advice which is much appreciated.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232343 by Gordon
Ben

Assessments can be triggered by a compliance interview but only if there are concerns that your current award is not correct, if they only look at your finances, then this would not be an issue.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.