× Members

PIP

More
7 years 7 months ago #168987 by Gwhite
PIP was created by Gwhite
I phoned to make my claim for PIP and the man from the ministry asked if I have submitted any medical information to DLA about my DLA claim.
This question is not listed in the letter they send telling you what telling you what they are going to ask.
I said I had sent medical information, meaning when I made my claim for DLA years ago.
I didn’t really know what the question was about . – I don’t know if I gave the right answer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168991 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP
Hi G and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

PIP assessors will use DLA information to help them if the claimant agrees to them doing so. That is why you were asked the questions.

Whether you agreed to this or not, we still recommend sending in everything that you think will be helpful, even if DWP have had it before. That way you can be sure they get it as DWP have a policy of destroying old documents after a certain period of time (there does not seem to be a set period for this).

Everything you need to know should be in our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with questions or comments, at any stage in the process, without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept to one topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #169572 by Gwhite
Replied by Gwhite on topic PIP
when i phoned to make my claim i asked "what is the deadline for filling in the form" they told me 40 days. the letterwith the form says 20 Oct - thats only 21 days ! i cant be the only one who has been given the wrong/missleading information.

More
7 years 6 months ago #169575 by slugsta
This is certainly not the only instance we have heard of the call centre staff giving inaccurate information :(

I'm afraid the 4 weeks claimants are given includes postage time each way. A 2 week extension is usually given on request.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #169806 by Gwhite
Replied by Gwhite on topic PIP Form
I can't fill in the PIP form by hand due to arthritis every question requires explanation and it amounts to writing an essay.

I suppose I'll have to just include a letter of explanation and a sheaf of typed ‘Additional Information’.

I've got a feeling this could ‘get lost’ and or be claimed that it wasn’t filled in properly.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #169819 by slugsta
There is certainly no reason why you should not submit all your information in typed form as additional information.

If you are going to do this you should make it very clear which question you are answering and also ensure that the form clearly points to where the information can be found.

Mark each extra page at the top with your name and NINo and at the bottom with the page number (we suggest you use the format '2 of 40' etc as this makes it easy to tell if any sheets are missing from the back). Then attach the sheets to the back of the PIP2 form using staples or treasury tags.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gwhite

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.