× Members

new assessment for ESA

More
7 years 6 months ago #169560 by lesjo
new assessment for ESA was created by lesjo
Oh my gosh not again I'm still dealing with the pip one had one reconsideration and am in the process of asking for another. Would you think that they will use the medical hcp report if I sent it as it was within the last 3 months or do I have to gather myself for another fight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #169561 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic new assessment for ESA

lesjo wrote: Oh my gosh not again I'm still dealing with the pip one had one reconsideration and am in the process of asking for another. Would you think that they will use the medical hcp report if I sent it as it was within the last 3 months or do I have to gather myself for another fight.

I'm afraid the assessment criteria for PIP and ESA are to different for an assessment report for one to be used for the other, you can certainly send the PIP report highlighting areas that you think are relevant to your problems in regard to ESA.

Please make use of the latest ESA Claim guides to help you complete the ESA50.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 6 months ago #169609 by lesjo
Replied by lesjo on topic new assessment for ESA
Thanks Gordon, one quick question on pip how long do I have to ask for a second reconsideration, as they upheld the findings of the first reconsideration. I will send the hcp report, would you send it all or just relevent bits where esa and pip "overlap"

More
7 years 6 months ago #169620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic new assessment for ESA

lesjo wrote: Thanks Gordon, one quick question on pip how long do I have to ask for a second reconsideration, as they upheld the findings of the first reconsideration. I will send the hcp report, would you send it all or just relevent bits where esa and pip "overlap"

Send the whole report, they will think you are trying to hide negative comments if you leave bits our.

I'm sorry, I should have picked up on this last night, why are you asking for a second reconsideration? It's unlikely that you will get one unless the DWP have failed to wait for any additional evidence that you sent in.

Having had one MR the next action would be an appeal to the Tribunal Service.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesjo

More
7 years 6 months ago #169851 by lesjo
Replied by lesjo on topic new assessment for ESA
Thanks Gordon, I'm going to have to appeal for pip now then, I'll look at the guides, could you tell me if the 12 month thing still applies for wrag (I thought they were going to do away with it but havent heard anything.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #169868 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic new assessment for ESA
Hi Lesjo,

Claimants in receipt of contributory ESA are still limited to 365 days of payment only if not in the Support Group. Is this what you are referring to?

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.