× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration Request Letter

More
7 years 5 months ago #172504 by JPM2016
Replied by JPM2016 on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Request Letter

Gordon wrote:

Jonathan wrote: I have to get my Mandatory Reconsideration Request letter to the DWP by 16th of this month and have a considerable amount of information to go through in challenging the Healthcare Professionals findings at my medical assessment.

Is it acceptable to write a short letter to the DWP requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration informing them of my request, and that I will follow this up with a further letter providing further evidence including challenging the findings of the medical report?

Yes you can do this, they should give you four weeks to send in the extra information, but earlier is better.

Gordon

Just to clarify your answer above. I have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration(MR) within one month of the DWP decision, but will be given an extra 4 weeks from the date of my MR request letter to provide further evidence for my case.

For example, I have to request (MR) by the 16th November, if I write a request letter dated 10th November I will be given 4 weeks from the 10th November to provide any extra evidence, including challenging the medical report findings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172516 by funmum
Replied by funmum on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Request Letter
Just to say that I have just been given 3 weeks to get extra info in, not 4 weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPM2016

More
7 years 5 months ago #172518 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Request Letter

Jonathan wrote: [Just to clarify your answer above. I have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration(MR) within one month of the DWP decision, but will be given an extra 4 weeks from the date of my MR request letter to provide further evidence for my case.

For example, I have to request (MR) by the 16th November, if I write a request letter dated 10th November I will be given 4 weeks from the 10th November to provide any extra evidence, including challenging the medical report findings.

Yes that's correct.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 5 months ago #172523 by JPM2016

funmum wrote: Just to say that I have just been given 3 weeks to get extra info in, not 4 weeks.

Who was it that informed you had 3 weeks?

More
7 years 5 months ago #172548 by BenefitsBod
Replied by BenefitsBod on topic Mandatory Reconsideration Request Letter
For what it's worth, I would advise any communications via post to be sent using, as a minimum, "signed for" (the old recorded delivery). Yes, it's extra cost but it makes it impossible for the DWP (or any of the assessment providers) to successfully argue non-receipt. It's a very sad state of affairs but it is what it is.

More
7 years 5 months ago #172553 by JPM2016
If I am unable to submit all the evidence I want to for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) and the DWP then stand by their original decision, will I be able to submit any additional evidence to an appeal, and will it be accepted by the appeal.

My condition is causing me significant anxiety and stress. However the DWP say I have never been diagnosed with stress or anxiety, and a diagnosis may take several months to obtain. Would I be able to present such evidence at an appeal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.