× Members

DLA TO PIP

More
7 years 5 months ago #173824 by mazza
DLA TO PIP was created by mazza
Hi, on the conveyor belt to PIP after 20 yrs on DLA.
All sorts of anxieties but one keeps getting me in a spin. I didn't put on my claim form that I have DLA - supposed to be for life. Should I have entered that info? It didn't occur to me that the assessor may not have that info. They've had the form for more than 2 weeks and wondered when they let you know what the next flaming hoop is?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #173837 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA TO PIP
Hi Mazza and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

New claims for PIP and migrations from DLA are treated in exactly the same way. The assessor will probably not know that you are currently in receipt of DLA but it doesn't matter much (as long as you have completed the PIP2 form in detail and not relied on anyone looking back at your previous records) as the criteria for the 2 benefits are very different.

In most areas claimants report hearing back in 2-4 weeks saying either that they need to attend a face2face appointment or that their file has been returned to DWP with a recommendation made.

Where there are delays they seem to be considerable!

If you wish you can contact the Assessment Provider (ATOS or Capita, depending on where you live) and ask what is happening. This will not affect the outcome of your claim in any way.

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/pip_contact_search

www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/contact.html

It would be worth you having a good look at our PIP guide so that you can be well prepared if you have to attend a face2face meeting.

PIP help for claimants

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it makes our job much easier - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mazza

More
7 years 4 months ago #175593 by mazza
Replied by mazza on topic DLA TO PIP
Have my ATOS home assessment in a few days. So many tips and advice out there so please rate what is top 10?
I seem well prepared with evidence and paperwork - but as I have MS, there are multiple issues, and I can't stay focused . Any help would be appreciated

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #175638 by slugsta
The one thing I would suggest is to re-read your PIP2 and the appropriate parts of the PIP guide before you go, so that you are clear about the descriptors and how/why you meet them.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 4 months ago #175641 by mazza
Replied by mazza on topic DLA TO PIP
I didn't mention ESA here!
Do you mean the PIP FORM?

More
7 years 4 months ago #175667 by slugsta

mazza wrote: I didn't mention ESA here!
Do you mean the PIP FORM?

Sorry! :blush: I will amend my reply so that I don't confuse anyone else!

The following user(s) said Thank You: mazza

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.