× Members

DLA to PIP medical evidence.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178826 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP medical evidence.
LL

You definitely need to explain your problems in detail or they will make assumptions about your capabilities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyLuna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180284 by LadyLuna
Replied by LadyLuna on topic DLA to PIP medical evidence.
Ok a little catch up. DWP now have the appeal letter and the lady I spoke to noted I would send in medical notes for Basic Rate ESA. We didn't discuss non-attendance of medical or anything so will just send in the Fit Note and see how it goes.

Does the fit note need to cover me from the date I lost ESA?

How long should I ask the Dr for the fit note to go on for?

Now the DWP have accepted my appeal, will I get sent any disclosure paperwork and will I have to send any to DWP?

Ok onto the PIP2.

I typed 10 pages explaining how the issues affect me. They have lots of paperwork, a very scant and incomplete medical history the Dr's printed off for me and a 10 line letter the Dr charged £50 for to request a Home Visit. Bit miffed about that as they know I have no income at this time and a friend had to pay it for me. Rather felt I was held over a barrel.

I also got a letter from the physio which was very supportive, a full side of A4 and free!

The form is due on Saturday 4th. It arrived and was signed for yesterday. How long before I am likely to hear back from the PIP decision makers re a Home Visit or (fingers crossed), paper assessment migration?

I found that for the most depression thing I have ever had to fill in. Explaining everything in such detail with a main ailment that doesn't have a name or a reason why it occurs. My physio has been extremely helpful. She has put me in touch with a self referral Internet pain management councillor and a pain management group.

She is aware my Dr appears to be worse than useless. My Dr not only asked why I needed ESA if I had PIP, which I had to tell her I dont; but when I went to discuss the £50 letter with her she said "Now, we decided you are starting work one day a week", which is absolutely not something we discussed or is happening.

I am relocating with OH's job next year so will be changing Dr then. But seriously I do wonder how she became a GP!

More
7 years 2 months ago #180323 by Gordon
LadyLuna

The Fit Note needs to be from the day after your ESA stopped, I would stick with three monthly Notes, you need to keep an active one on file until you hearing.

It will be either ATOS or Capita (depending on your postcode) who make a decision on whether a face to face is required or not, it's no different from ESA in as much as it is up to the Assessment Provider.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #180416 by LadyLuna
Ok I think I am under Atos not sure.

Now, as I said Dr's letter asks for a Home Visit. What happens if they try playing the same game of trying to force me to attend an appointment I have said I can't get to, like my ESA?

I am just trying to be ahead of the game here.

Many thanks.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180447 by Gordon

LadyLuna wrote: Ok I think I am under Atos not sure.

Now, as I said Dr's letter asks for a Home Visit. What happens if they try playing the same game of trying to force me to attend an appointment I have said I can't get to, like my ESA?

I am just trying to be ahead of the game here.

Many thanks.

I'm afraid the situation is no different, assessment decisions, including whether to offer a home assessment lie with the Assessment Provider. Remember, unless you have been offered a home assessment in writing then you haven't got one.

Consider getting your MP involved.

Gordon

More
7 years 2 months ago #181283 by LadyLuna
Just an update and looking for some advice.

I am trying to get an Med3 For from the docs but it's like pulling teeth. They do not understand the concept of appealing and needing fit notes. They just keep saying "have I stopped working?".

I think I may get somewhere today but we shall see.

Got the evidence from the DWP re my Appeal. Quick 5 minute scan has thrown up that they claim I have registered as unemployed and as such have declared capacity for work and whatever I am awarded if I win my Appeal they need to offset any JSA against any ESA awarded.

And because they claim I have claimed JSA and declared I have capacity for work, that the DWP respectfully request the Tribunal confirms I am not entitled to ESA and treated as not having Limited Capability for Work.

I have not registered as unemployed and am not receiving any JSA.

Do I need to clarify this to the Tribunal now? Because it looks like I am a job seeker when I am not and it gives a very different view to the Appeal.

Plus it seems they are claiming I had more appointment letter sent out than I actually got. Again lies.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.