× Members

Pip questions

More
7 years 4 months ago #176054 by Sully32
Pip questions was created by Sully32
Is it still the case that you receive your pip renewal forms a year before it is due to run out as stated in previous post I won my appeal last November It was back dated to the April when I was turned down so my award was for 2 and a half years so I was expecting the forms this November and also I have not received anything from esa support group and I have been in this group for over 3 years I've probably tempted fate by asking but would be grateful for your advice thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #176083 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip questions
Hi Sully,

I would have expected you to have heard something about your PIP by now. Mind you, with short awards they don't start the process until 3 months ahead of the end date, so maybe they are treating your claim like this.

As to the ESA, many claimants had their reassessments deferred due to backlogs. Most areas seem to have caught up but we do still here of the occasional delay.

In both instances, I'm afraid the only way you will know for sure is to ask. The people who answer the phones, in both DWP departments, have no contact with the Decision Makers and there is no way they can initiate reassessments so ringing them should not cause problems for you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

More
7 years 4 months ago #177016 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic Pip questions
New I had tempted fate by asking previous question my award from tribunal was 10/12/16 and the forms arrived today has to be returned by 10/1/17 (so happy new year) :( are there any links to help with filling in this form nothing has changed since my appeal arthritis in hands ,hips, spine,knees arthritis doesn't get better ! Also mental health is the same the only change is medication from pain managment team wich i was not seeing at the time of appeal first appointment was in February 2months after I am now on morphine based slow release tablets and also I use a commode in the nights as I sleep down stairs as the stairs are a difficulty and I use a perching stool to sit on when my daughter helps me when I have a shower I was awarded 4 points by appeal for the going out descriptor because needs prompting to undertake a journey I didn't agree but because I had the higher rate daily living I didn't want to risk loosing it when I go out I'm either with my daughter or son and more so now because the new medication make me very unsteady on my feet so any help would be much appreciated also I now use a stick thanks in advance

More
7 years 4 months ago #177038 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip questions
Sully

The PIP Claim guide explains how to complete the PIP2 or if you have received it the new AR1 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 4 months ago #177041 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic Pip questions
I've looked through the pip claim guide but can't see where it says about the AR1 form sorry

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #177049 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip questions
p77 of the PIP guide

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.