× Members

Hi

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #179487 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hi
Hi PB,

This is your claim and you must be happy with the information you submit. Write as much as you believe you need to, as long as it is relevant to the specific descriptors.

The form will not be used for anything other than your PIP (and possibly also ESA) claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PolaBear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #179492 by PolaBear
Replied by PolaBear on topic Hi
It's an ESA claim. After the Drs letter that wasn't so good I gave it back with notes on that is similar to what I put on the form. Now am thinking have I said to put too much! None of it isn't true, i ain't being dishonest, but it is very SITUATIONAL. It is part of every day, and the bigger picture is making it work for me, in a way that works. But I can't put it like that on this form! Away from this I don't see things "medically" it's very feelings based, and very environmental. I guess putting it on a form in a way that's written makes it a different dynamic. It's all like a game!

More
7 years 3 months ago #179493 by PolaBear
Have read things saying be very details filled,but then others saying don't put loads and loads as it will just be put under assessment. I'm not looking to be autobiographical, which is why Iv just put "bullet points" and then the symptoms and feelings that come with that. Am looking to be that thorough that it shows that the support group is the way (and have followed your guide so far to draw attention to that), but opening this up is weird. It's something I don't draw on or describe in any part of my day to day like this.

More
7 years 3 months ago #179743 by PolaBear
Just had a call from the DR who's now said he will change nothing on the letter and add nothing I have added or take away anything iv said not to put down. When I explained how that would leave a mess of a situation he now just said if he had to do letters for everyone he would be on it all day and I'd just have to use that letter.

Ended up calling someone for advice and got put through to a complaints place, I don't want to make a complaint, there are bigger different things to deal with. One thing iv found with these lines, autism/ESA/medical etc most of the time you just get passed to another line, again and again and again. Which adds more information and having to tell your story again and again. They said they will speak to the manager of the centre and look to change my letter, but that ain't where I'm looking to be right now.

What happens now?

More
7 years 3 months ago #179753 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hi
You will have to decide whether submitting the letter will do more harm than good, or otherwise.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #179764 by PolaBear
Evidence would be useful as it backs up what I'm saying, but that letter doesn't end in a good way. The Dr dismissed anything to do with changing or rewriting it, this is becoming more about dealing with this process than it is learning and growing with things, which isn't good. That centre has been useless from the start, if I paid £500hr to some private doctor to write me a more descriptive letter I'm sure they would.

Isn't even the fact that they weren't happy not to change that letter, in some ways can understand it, but just dismissing the whole thing "no, no no" to everything doesn't get anywhere.

Any thoughts?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.