× Members

ESA question

More
7 years 2 months ago #180639 by june2016
Replied by june2016 on topic ESA question
Thanks
Am I right in thinking that my partner cannot claim IS as my carer ( I also receive pip ) if my esa is switched to income based? Would we have to claim one or the other jointly?
Would we get to choose which one?

Also is there a problem with the esa self test? It no longer seems to be working for me, it keeps coming up as timed out ..the pip one is fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180698 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA question

june2016 wrote: Thanks
Am I right in thinking that my partner cannot claim IS as my carer ( I also receive pip ) if my esa is switched to income based? Would we have to claim one or the other jointly?
Would we get to choose which one?

Also is there a problem with the esa self test? It no longer seems to be working for me, it keeps coming up as timed out ..the pip one is fine.

A couple can only have one Income Related claim, so yes it's either your ESA or your husband claiming Income Support.

The ESA test is working for me, if you still have problems then report them to

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: june2016

More
7 years 2 months ago #180712 by june2016
Do you know if we would have the option of choosing ( when my cb esa ends) to either switch to ir esa or for my partner to claim IS ?

Thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #180717 by Gordon

june2016 wrote: Do you know if we would have the option of choosing ( when my cb esa ends) to either switch to ir esa or for my partner to claim IS ?

Thanks

You can go either way but get face to face advice first as one may pay more than the other and there are longer term implications for both.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: june2016

More
7 years 2 months ago #180785 by june2016
Just another question regarding my esa. As my MS has gotten worse I believe I should be placed into the support group. I've checked through the descriptors in the guide.
Will the dwp stop my esa if I report that my condition has worsened and that I believe I now qualify for the support group..or do they send out a form and arrange another assessment?

More
7 years 2 months ago #180799 by Gordon

june2016 wrote: Just another question regarding my esa. As my MS has gotten worse I believe I should be placed into the support group. I've checked through the descriptors in the guide.
Will the dwp stop my esa if I report that my condition has worsened and that I believe I now qualify for the support group..or do they send out a form and arrange another assessment?

Your current award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made. This would be a full reassessment of your claim, new ESA50 and almost certainly a face to face assessment, you may need to provide specific evidence of the deterioration of your condition.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.