× Members

ESA will I go straight to support group

More
7 years 2 months ago #180167 by lisa2k2uk
ESA will I go straight to support group was created by lisa2k2uk
Hi I have been ill health retirement from my job and have applied for ESA should I send the report from the work pension as it states that I can never work due to my disability which was a tumour in my spine I can not walk without an aid and was only put in standard Mobility yet I can't walk much at all without cronic pain. I also have CKD 3a Fibromyalgia/CFS
And other stuff. I have worked since I was 16 and don,T know what I am doing. If someone can help many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180187 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA will I go straight to support group

lisa2k2uk wrote: Hi I have been ill health retirement from my job and have applied for ESA should I send the report from the work pension as it states that I can never work due to my disability which was a tumour in my spine I can not walk without an aid and was only put in standard Mobility yet I can't walk much at all without cronic pain. I also have CKD 3a Fibromyalgia/CFS
And other stuff. I have worked since I was 16 and don,T know what I am doing. If someone can help many thanks

Yes include the report, but be aware the reasons for your being unable to work may well be different from the ones that will get you an ESA award. Make sure that you refer to the ESA Claim guides to see what criteria you need to meet for ESA.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have further questions then please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #183607 by lisa2k2uk
Replied by lisa2k2uk on topic ESA will I go straight to support group
Many thanks for your help Gordon, I have been for my medical for ESA waiting to hear will keep you posted. One thing the assesser did say was based on the evidence she didn't know why I had been called for an assessment with the evidence I provided. Just a waiting game now.

Regards Lisa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #184248 by lisa2k2uk
Hi Gordon I have received a letter today saying that I have reached my 365 days contrabution based ESA , that I can ask for a mandatory consideration or appeal ect. Now two days previous I had received a letter from ESA again advising that they had not received my recent sick note. I gave them a call stating it was sent recorded and they signed for it on 23/02/17, the lady checked and agreed with me but said due to a back log in the area it had not been uploaded. Whilst I was on the line after she sorted the error and my payment for this week I told her I had been for an assessment on 1/03/17 she asked me to hold and said she could get into that screen. She came back to me advising I had been placed in the support group for 3 yrs and they needed no further sick notes but due to the back log could be a few days ect for the letter. I am now confused with this letter I received today about the contrabution based ESA, what do I do next?

Kind regards

Lisa

More
7 years 1 month ago #184273 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA will I go straight to support group
Lisa

I would wait for the Decision Letter although I have no reason to assume what you were told on the phone was incorrect.

Being placed in the SG means that the 365 day rule no longer applies to your ESA(CB) so your payments should be re-instated, although the issue with the Fit Note may need to be resolved before this happens depending on the dates.

So congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 1 month ago #184687 by lisa2k2uk
Many thanks Gordon for your valuable information

Regards Lisa

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.