× Members

Esa assesment after being awarded it

More
7 years 2 months ago #180509 by aurorabucket
Esa assesment after being awarded it was created by aurorabucket
I have been asked to attend an assessment for ESA I am in support group
Since 2014, I was sent a form in October 2016 I was awarded ESA support group on the 18th jan I received a letter today saying I have to attend an assessment on 22feb for ESA I contacted them and they said they had no knowledge of me being awarded it in January what do I do now it's obviously a mistake and they are not up to date do I have to go to assessment any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Aurora

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #180510 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assesment after being awarded it

aurorabucket wrote: I have been asked to attend an assessment for ESA I am in support group
Since 2014, I was sent a form in October 2016 I was awarded ESA support group on the 18th jan I received a letter today saying I have to attend an assessment on 22feb for ESA I contacted them and they said they had no knowledge of me being awarded it in January what do I do now it's obviously a mistake and they are not up to date do I have to go to assessment any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Aurora

Do you have a Decision letter from the DWP?

A Decision cannot be made by the DWP unless and assessment is carried out, did you have one between October of last year and January of this?

You are going to have to check with the DWP as to what is going on, you cannot assume that the appointment is an error and you do not need to attend until the DWP confirm that it is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #180550 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic Esa assesment after being awarded it
I wonder if it is the usual uprating letter as I received my letter telling me the amount I would receive from April 2017 around about that date in January.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: aurorabucket

More
7 years 2 months ago #180564 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa assesment after being awarded it

Izzy1010 wrote: I wonder if it is the usual uprating letter as I received my letter telling me the amount I would receive from April 2017 around about that date in January.

DWP are not known for the clarity of their communications! We often have members confused about whether they have received a decision letter or the annual award letter.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aurorabucket

More
7 years 2 months ago #182487 by aurorabucket
Replied by aurorabucket on topic Esa assesment after being awarded it
I went for assessment sat for an hour then it was cancelled I showed them my letter and they said looks like you've been awarded it but you still have to attend they will send me another appointment I checked with DWP they ccouldn't find my records they will call me back
I had an assessment for transfer from DLA to PIP in December was given standard rate for both I had been on high rate mobility low rate care I have appealed this decision and thought this might be why they sent me for another assessment as I'm in the support group
It's all very stressful I'm totaly confused
Aurora

More
7 years 2 months ago #182508 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assesment after being awarded it
aurorabucket

Are you sure that a Decision on your ESA claim was made in January, the annual entitlement letters have been sent out, if the letter refers to April then it is almost certainly about your ongoing payments and not a Decision Letter.

I'm surprised that the DWP cannot tell you if a Decision was made in January or not.

Your PIP appeal would not result in a new assessment.

Chase the DWP about whether a Decision was made in January or not.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.