× Members

ESA Tribunal query

More
7 years 2 months ago #181291 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal query

Dawn wrote: Thank you for your responses.

What I'm struggling to comprehend is the fact the GP wrote a letter confirming that my daughters health will be adversely affected, but, the DWP have dismissed this. How can a DWP 'administrator' that does not know the person or the condition, make a decision that effectively overrules that of the GP who does know the person and condition. It just does not seem right.

I actually have no idea how to progress with this now at all :(

It's not enough for the GP to say that her health will be adversely affected, there is a very specific requirement that has to be met to qualify under the Substantial Risk Regulations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawnar99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181293 by Gordon

Dawn wrote: Also, we have no idea what 'points' my daughter has been awarded and where. Should the DWP have provided us with this? Thank you.

You should receive a copy of the Assessment report in the DWP submission this should give you an idea of where she scored points to be placed in the WRAG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182351 by dawnar99
Replied by dawnar99 on topic ESA Tribunal query
Hello again,

I have been reading that Full Time students (20 to 25 years of age) are entitled to ESA if you they are in receipt of DLA.

Assuming DLA is received, is this an automatic right to the work Support Group, or, could this be Limited Capability for work Group?

Thank you in advance once again.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182385 by Gordon

Dawn wrote: Hello again,

I have been reading that Full Time students (20 to 25 years of age) are entitled to ESA if you they are in receipt of DLA.

Assuming DLA is received, is this an automatic right to the work Support Group, or, could this be Limited Capability for work Group?

Thank you in advance once again.

It automatically qualifies a claimant for the WRAG, they would have to be assessed to see whether they would qualify for the Support Group.

Gordon

More
7 years 1 month ago #184936 by dawnar99
Replied by dawnar99 on topic ESA Tribunal query
Hello once more,

I have read somewhere ( it was an actual successful case) that just because an individual may have a carer / personal assistant, that this is and should be insignificant in deciding if someone can be placed in the limited capacity for work support group.

I.e. Just because someone may have a carer/ personal assistant supporting them does not mean that the individual can therefore be placed in the support group if their condition means they should be in the limited capacity for work group. The presence of a carer/ personal assistant is irresespe time to the correct decision that should be made.

Is this correct and do you happen to have the case law references regarding this?

Thank you.

More
7 years 1 month ago #184948 by Gordon

Dawn wrote: Hello once more,

I have read somewhere ( it was an actual successful case) that just because an individual may have a carer / personal assistant, that this is and should be insignificant in deciding if someone can be placed in the limited capacity for work support group.

I.e. Just because someone may have a carer/ personal assistant supporting them does not mean that the individual can therefore be placed in the support group if their condition means they should be in the limited capacity for work group. The presence of a carer/ personal assistant is irresespe time to the correct decision that should be made.

Is this correct and do you happen to have the case law references regarding this?

Thank you.

An award for the ESA Support Group will only be made because the claimant meets the specific criteria from one, I'm afraid having a carer or personal assistant is not one of these criteria. See the ESA Claim guide for more details.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.