× Members

Mixing with other People Pip Activity

More
7 years 2 months ago #180992 by Joey123
Mixing with other People Pip Activity was created by Joey123
Hi there. Does anyone know the criteria used by the DWP to award the max 8 points for 'causing great distress when mixing with other people'. I mean if it went to the tribunal would they say that the fact i went to f2f assessment go against me or that i use a telephone or go to local shop. Is there anything you need to prove. i currently get 2 points for this but need to claim max 8 points for enhanced daily rate. However, if it goes against me i do not wish to loose my 2 points. How strict on this are they i.e. is there any hidden criteria or regulation they use to deny you the 8 points.

Many thanks
Joey ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #181017 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mixing with other People Pip Activity
Joey

To score the 8 points you need to meet the following.

d. Cannot engage with other people due to such engagement causing either –
(i) overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant; or
(ii) the claimant to exhibit behaviour which would result in a substantial risk of harm to the claimant or another person.

This is a very strict test.

Although you can probably argue that "cannot" does not mean "never" the standard that you will need meet is far in excess of the 50% or "on the majority of days" that is normally use.

Although "overwhelming psychological distress" is not defined, again you should assume that this is far stronger reaction that might be covered by general anxiety.

Alternatively you can qualify if your behaviour is so extreme that it present a risk of harm to you or others. the DWP define "substantial risk" as

""A risk is substantial where the harm or damage to a person’s health would be serious, and could not be prevented or mitigated. It is not minor or trivial. It may be immediate, or in the longer term."

Whether your attending the assessment will count against you will depend on how you managed it, for example if you went on your own, then it will definitely undermine your meeting the criteria for the 8 points, however, if you attended with the assistance of someone else then it may not be a significant issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #181196 by Joey123
Replied by Joey123 on topic Mixing with other People Pip Activity
Thanks for the advice. If find this process so stressful. Its so disgusting how at the assessment they set up up to fail and then look at anything to use against and if they haven't found anything they just make things up and put lies in the the report. I can prove they have lied. This is widespread corruption. How can they get away with this?

Thanks and good luck to the thousands of people many socially isolated having to go through this dreadful process. :)

More
7 years 2 months ago #181207 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mixing with other People Pip Activity
Hi Joey,

There is no need to make duplicate posts. There will always be a delay before your message is made public, even when mods are officially online as all posts are read and approved before being made public :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #181245 by Joey123
Replied by Joey123 on topic Mixing with other People Pip Activity
O. Ok. Well many thanks to you for the advice.
Take care
Joey xx

More
7 years 2 months ago #181251 by hev65
Replied by hev65 on topic Mixing with other People Pip Activity
My daughter who has been awarded pip at standard rate. Although she has now been asked to leave college as her teachers are scared of her actions and she disrupts the class. I also had a letter from the college to say this. She was only awarded 4 points. I have on behalf of my daughter done a MR, I mean if they had the evidence that she was disturbing the class and her teachers have said they fear working with her should have most deffo got her the 8 points x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.