× Members

0 points on WCA - Apply for JSA or not?

More
7 years 2 months ago #182076 by persona1973
Replied by persona1973 on topic 0 points on WCA - Apply for JSA or not?
Okay, I had my initial JSA appointment on Friday morning and saw my doctor in the afternoon who gave me a fit note from then for a month ie to mid March whilst awaiting details of my upcoming operation.

However I have found that my JSA claim could take up to next Tuesday to be processed.

Should I get the doctor to redo the sick note to accomodate the date it is accepted. Is this necessary. I had already done the appointment so it was following this.

I have received my medical report which Im working through and looking at the guides. Is there a breakdown of the points system used in the WCA here?

The report also contains some error as well as misinterpretation - Im working across this - is it best that I add details to this thread, make a new one or send this privately.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182109 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 0 points on WCA - Apply for JSA or not?
persona1973

The Fit Note should be OK, just don't submit it until your JSA is processed.

Yes the guide has the points for each Descriptor.

If you have further questions then reply to this post, otherwise we lose track of the advice that has been given.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182131 by persona1973
Okay thanks

Also I was always under the impression that permitted work should be taken account of in a wca - is that the case? ie the fact that you were doing it shouldnt affect the medical outcome,

Thanks

More
7 years 2 months ago #182132 by persona1973
Sorry that should say "should not" be taken into account.

ie that if you have ongoing medical problems, the fact you were doing some level of permitted work should not affect the medical

Ill be reviewing the other materials tonight and will try and will be back when I have - thanks again.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182138 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 0 points on WCA - Apply for JSA or not?

persona1973 wrote: Sorry that should say "should not" be taken into account.

ie that if you have ongoing medical problems, the fact you were doing some level of permitted work should not affect the medical

Ill be reviewing the other materials tonight and will try and will be back when I have - thanks again.

Starting PW should not result in a reassessment being done, but the fact that a claimant is doing PW most certainly will be taken into account when their claim is actually reassessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182912 by persona1973
Okay thanks - also is there a guide anywhere as to how to set out a mandatory reconsideration document.

For example is it best to argue for individual points - qualify for six points because of this etc.

Im presently readying my response and will likely update this thread this week.

thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.