× Members

Aid or Appliance?

More
7 years 2 months ago #182300 by Dawn
Aid or Appliance? was created by Dawn
When a question that has to be answered on the PIP forms include "DO YOU HAVE TO USE AN AID OR APPLIANCE TO......." do whatever would my husband be classed in the eyes of the DWP as my aid please,i'm never quite sure what to put,is HE my aid or do they mean a walking stick or a mobility scooter??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182304 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Aid or Appliance?

Dawn wrote: When a question that has to be answered on the PIP forms include "DO YOU HAVE TO USE AN AID OR APPLIANCE TO......." do whatever would my husband be classed in the eyes of the DWP as my aid please,i'm never quite sure what to put,is HE my aid or do they mean a walking stick or a mobility scooter??

Your husband would be providing you with assistance, they would not be an aid.

The PIP Claim guide has a list of aids that are expected to be of use for each activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.