× Members

I think i know my home assessor. what can i do?

More
7 years 2 months ago #182432 by Helen
I live in a small village and am in the process of changing over from DLA to PIP. Capita have given me a time and date for their health professional to come and visit me at home for my interview. There is just one problem. Im pretty sure since i live in such an isolated area the assessor they will send me is a lady who works for Capita doing these assessments in the next village and since my grown up son and her daughter were in a relationship that ended badly we are not on the best terms.
If they send me this lady to assess me, i am terrified it will eb a conflict of interest and she may let her personal dislike of me and my family affect her decision. Even worse, i dont wish any local knowing about my personal health problems.

Can i ring up Capita Enquiry center and ask the name of the professional they will be sending me and if its her can i explain i feel their is a conflict of interest as we are known to each other and ask for someone else? Will they give me this choice? Very very worried as its hard enough to be treated fairly as it is without worrying my assessor may still be harboring a grudge against me for a family matter.

Any advice for me? Thank you so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182449 by Gordon
Helen

Yes I would contact Capita about this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182484 by Helen
Thanks Gordon. But what i really want to know is will they accept that? Obviously the only way to know is to ring Capita which i will do when they're in the office tomorrow morning but in the meantime, im having a bit of a melt down worrying that they may not see this as an issue.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182505 by Gordon

Helen wrote: Thanks Gordon. But what i really want to know is will they accept that? Obviously the only way to know is to ring Capita which i will do when they're in the office tomorrow morning but in the meantime, im having a bit of a melt down worrying that they may not see this as an issue.

As we have both said, the only way that you will know is to ring them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.