× Members

Tribunal

More
7 years 2 months ago #182482 by amberkindness
Tribunal was created by amberkindness
Hello again,

I had my tribunal adjourned in January as had the same judge as I had for my previous tribunal.

My next tribunal is very soon. I am worried about it.

The fact my form clearly explains the problems I have (thanks to this website) and the face to face assessment I had backs this up will help me to further explain anything the panel want to know.

I have problems which fit into the preparing food descriptor due to low mood, fatigue and chronic pain as these problems make it difficult to motivate myself to prepare a proper meal.

Do you think I should tell the panel I have compulsions when getting food prepared such as if I touch something I don't want to, I'll have to wash my hands or fingertips a certain number of times while repeating things in my head in order to carry on with the task. This happens when picking up a bowl or cup of tea/coffee as well. Even things like cereal takes a while to prepare as I have compulsions with touching the packet and box a certain number of times.

I have obsessions and compulsions with practically everything but it is normal to me, so I don't really think about it.

My main objective with the tribunal is to say I agree with the face to face assessment. Will any further information be helpful? I'm just worried I'm going to feel intimidated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #182503 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal
amberkindness

If you have not mentioned these compulsions in your Tribunal documents then the panel cannot consider the impact that they have on your ability to complete the PIP activities.

I would advise you to write to the TS telling them about these problems and how they effect you, it's not a good idea to surprise the panel with new information on the day of the hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 2 months ago #182773 by amberkindness
Replied by amberkindness on topic Tribunal
Hi Gordon,

I think I'll just stick to what's on the form as it shows I can't do this activity reliably and to an appropriate standard. I'll write about the further problems on my next PIP form.

Thanks for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.