× Members

DLA aPRIL 2017 Award letter but no re-assessment

More
7 years 2 months ago #182526 by Tf2016
Ive just received the annual letter from the DWP advising me of my April 2017 award for mobility & care components of DLA. I thought all re-assessments were due to happen before the end of March 2017, but the letter says if may happen at some point but no mention of when.
does this signal a different approach from the DWP? Ive been in receipt of what was Mobility Allowance for 35 years!
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 2 months ago #182527 by Gordon

Tf2016 wrote: Ive just received the annual letter from the DWP advising me of my April 2017 award for mobility & care components of DLA. I thought all re-assessments were due to happen before the end of March 2017, but the letter says if may happen at some point but no mention of when.
does this signal a different approach from the DWP? Ive been in receipt of what was Mobility Allowance for 35 years!

No they just under estimated how long it would take to move all of the DLA claimants over.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
7 years 2 months ago #182537 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic DLA aPRIL 2017 Award letter but no re-assessment
We had our son's award notice today too, he went for his assessment on Monday for PIP so think the award notices are generated automatically. We are sending our DLA letter to renew our son's blue badge this week because even if he does qualify for the mobility component of PIP it won't get the blue badge as his points won't come from the right section.
More
7 years 2 months ago #182541 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic DLA aPRIL 2017 Award letter but no re-assessment
Just count yourself lucky they are a shade tardy in contacting you.

Many get assessed and re assessed for both DLA/PIP regularly as well as the IB to ESA and more as often as clockwork.
More
7 years 2 months ago #182560 by Linda Cooke
Replied by Linda Cooke on topic DLA aPRIL 2017 Award letter but no re-assessment
I had my DLA award letter, then following week pip claim form so DLA finishes this year for everyone mine was indefinate, now have to claim pip hope your the lucky one
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.